We're gettin' close, I figure Wednesday noon Pacific should about do it. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1267)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft Commentary

Postby RedBullVodka » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:06 am

Damn you Fade! Now I need to spend 20 minutes doing some research...
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby ayebatter » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:07 am

26.10 j24jags selects Matt Gamel

NIce pick, I would have taken him if I didn't need another arm so badly.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1267)

Postby ensanimal » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:26 am

j24jags wrote:
ayebatter wrote:26.10 j24jags selects Matt Gamel

NIce pick, I would have taken him if I didn't need another arm so badly.

Yeah, praying for a Braun type impact :-L

When though? :-?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:28 am

Invictus wrote:Before I get into this, Id like to point out that it is just a suggestion, and just for fun - If its shot down, so be it.

One of my favorite aspects of FBC is posting my roster in the "Rate my Roster" section. Its just fun getting feedback and jabs from other fantasy players. I think it would be fun to have everyone's roster posted in that section and comment, similarly to this thread, on the rosters those your competing against.

HOWEVER, I also realize that many times people will respond with trade suggestions and point out weaknesses etc. Seeing as this is a competative league, I would understand how some might see this as getting extra help, and 'cheating' in some way.

Guess my question for the league is this - How do we feel about posting our rosters on these forums with the INTENT of having people comment on them. Good/bad/ugly? - This is only one league, and if people would prefer to not allow that kind of thing, thats fine by me, I just think it would be entertaining to get the cafe's perspective on our teams, especially in the inaugural season - perhaps post all the rosters in one post to prevent any claims of one team getting more 'help' than another, as well as prevent an extravagence of posts on the FBC forums?

I guess my view is this - I dont think its particularly cheating, as it's the manager who makes any decisions final, and beyond that, its his/her responsability alone for those decisions.

Just looking for comments and beliefs here folks.

You better get on this Invictus. :-b
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Invictus » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
Invictus wrote:Before I get into this, Id like to point out that it is just a suggestion, and just for fun - If its shot down, so be it.

One of my favorite aspects of FBC is posting my roster in the "Rate my Roster" section. Its just fun getting feedback and jabs from other fantasy players. I think it would be fun to have everyone's roster posted in that section and comment, similarly to this thread, on the rosters those your competing against.

HOWEVER, I also realize that many times people will respond with trade suggestions and point out weaknesses etc. Seeing as this is a competative league, I would understand how some might see this as getting extra help, and 'cheating' in some way.

Guess my question for the league is this - How do we feel about posting our rosters on these forums with the INTENT of having people comment on them. Good/bad/ugly? - This is only one league, and if people would prefer to not allow that kind of thing, thats fine by me, I just think it would be entertaining to get the cafe's perspective on our teams, especially in the inaugural season - perhaps post all the rosters in one post to prevent any claims of one team getting more 'help' than another, as well as prevent an extravagence of posts on the FBC forums?

Just waiting for Chris to make his final pick! :) --- gotta be respectful :-p

I guess my view is this - I dont think its particularly cheating, as it's the manager who makes any decisions final, and beyond that, its his/her responsability alone for those decisions.

Just looking for comments and beliefs here folks.

You better get on this Invictus. :-b
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League