League Rules-READ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

League Rules-READ

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: League Rules-READ

Postby j24jags » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:27 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:The only thing I am wondering is what we're going to do about escalating values for some of our keepers. Will McCutchen be a 25th round draft pick forever (example)?

I think this is a rule change that must be addressed at some point. Either we make the cost of keepers escalate or set a limit on the number of years a player can be kept.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedBullVodka » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:54 pm

Obviously picking up McCutchen as a 25th round pick was just a great trade by me, (and Morales, I hope, in Rd 22)...

Why does it need addressing? ;-)

I suppose a time limit is the only way of really addressing it, as a 1 or 2 round escalation / year, would still leave McCutchen as great value for years to come. And where do you go with someone like Fade, who is keeping three Round 1 picks, and wouldn't be 'hurt' by this escalation?

But if you put a time limit in now, you're changing the rules, and would hurt someone like me, who has traded away a Round 1 pick for a (future) all star based on the rules as stated, and zep, who has built a great collection of future all stars for low round picks. I doubt either of us would have done those trades, if those players are only going to be short-term rentals.

I suppose a six-year plus time limit might be long enough for that to become less of a factor, so that might have to be the compromise.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby Matt_Domsic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:23 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:Obviously picking up McCutchen as a 25th round pick was just a great trade by me, (and Morales, I hope, in Rd 22)...

Why does it need addressing? ;-)

I suppose a time limit is the only way of really addressing it, as a 1 or 2 round escalation / year, would still leave McCutchen as great value for years to come. And where do you go with someone like Fade, who is keeping three Round 1 picks, and wouldn't be 'hurt' by this escalation?

But if you put a time limit in now, you're changing the rules, and would hurt someone like me, who has traded away a Round 1 pick for a (future) all star based on the rules as stated, and zep, who has built a great collection of future all stars for low round picks. I doubt either of us would have done those trades, if those players are only going to be short-term rentals.

I suppose a six-year plus time limit might be long enough for that to become less of a factor, so that might have to be the compromise.

Although you have an obvious bias, your points regarding Zep and Fade are spot on RBV. We all need to realize that something needs to get put in place for this concern.

Since it'a a free league I suppose we could just say screw it, but I think 6 years is crazy.... I think by the 2012 or 2013 season we should either put into place a policy or just do a re-draft with an iron clad policy on keepers.
Matt_Domsic
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to The Brushback League