Keepers so far:
OK, so I have been offered a trade from a manager that wants to rid himself of ARod, probably because of the steroid cloud surrounding him. He has asked for Tex and my second round pick in exchange for ARod and a pick to be determined later (Im thinking maybe 3rd or 4th rounder). Now, I have the first pick in the draft, so my 2nd round pick which would go to him would be followed directly by my 3rd round pick, so its not like I completely lose out at that part of the draft. He has second to last pick, by the way. Now let's suppose that he agrees to the 3rd or 4th round pick, for arguments sake. AND, since I have first pick, and I am pretty sure Prince Fielder will not be protected, I would essentially be trading Tex, but replacing him with Prince, AND I would now have ARod as well. Which would make my team look like this after the first round:
Should I pull the trigger on this trade, which under any other circumstance (roids) would be a no-brainer? Or, is the anxiety about ARod's fantasy value from here on out valid, and I should hold onto the younger Texeiria?
It is important to note that if I don't do this deal, and hold onto Tex, I would probably draft Prince just the same and end up with three 1B on my team, which I am not to keen on.
Please, let me know if I am overthinking this too much, or I am justified.