All Options and Opinions needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

All Options and Opinions needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

All Options and Opinions needed

Postby Chadwick0211 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:16 am

Looking for advice for this team. I'm in a 5x5 H2H ESPN League. I'm a little shaky about the infield and outfield with the exception of A-Rod and Manny.. Any Advice? I'll take all I can get. Should I try to get another RP? How reliable is Qualls? Thanks in advance for your help. Looking for my first championship. Been playing for a couple of years and haven't won yet.. :-S

Jorge Posada
, NYY C DTD
Prince Fielder
, Mil 1B
Mark DeRosa
, Cle 2B, 3B, OF
Alex Rodriguez
, NYY 3B [Recent News]
J.J. Hardy
, Mil SS
Kelly Johnson
, Atl 2B
Jason Giambi
, Oak 1B, DH
Manny Ramirez
, LAD OF, DH [Breaking News]
Bobby Abreu
, LAA OF
Raul Ibanez
, Phi OF
Hideki Matsui
, NYY OF, DH [Recent News]
J.D. Drew
, Bos OF [Breaking News]
Mike Lowell
, Bos 3B DTD [Recent News]
Jeff Francoeur
, Atl OF
Jed Lowrie
, Bos 3B, SS

Cliff Lee
, Cle SP
Francisco Rodriguez
, NYM RP
Joe Nathan
, Min RP
A.J. Burnett
, NYY SP
Josh Beckett
, Bos SP [Breaking News]
Daisuke Matsuzaka
, Bos SP [Recent News]
Ted Lilly
, ChC SP
Chad Qualls
, Ari RP [Breaking News]
Randy Johnson
, SF SP
Andy Pettitte
, NYY SP
Chadwick0211 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: All Options and Opinions needed

Postby ru4life3 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:28 pm

Strong pitching staff....your infield is a tad shaky, but A-rod and Fielder will certainly balance out your weak spots there. I think you should address your OF situation more since I think both Drew and Matsui are on the decline with their health being a risk.
ru4life3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jcarr8706 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Thanks for the opinion and comments on my team.

As far as yours, I like it for the most part. I agree with the previous poster about the infield, it's probably the weak link of your team. I've never been a big fan of Hardy. And Kelly Johnson, at least in my opinion, has underperformed up to this point. I like Derosa though. Hitting in front of Martinez and Peralta will give him plenty of runs scored options. And If Hafner bounces back and Choo can carry over his second half of last year 100+ runs should be a lock. He should have decent RBI chances too with Sizemore in front of him and his strong OBP.

Your staff is solid too. I'm not sure I would count on Lee to be your ace. It's going to be nearly impossible for him to duplicate what he did last season. Although I do think the Indians are going to have a very strong season so 15-17 wins and an ERA in the mid-high 3.00's certainly is feasible.

Good luck!
jcarr8706
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Sketchpadsrus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am

You're pitching staff is just waiting to explode.

Beckett, AJ, RJ, Pettite on one team? Wow. Even Cliff Lee could go down with how many innings he threw last yr. Point is, you could lose significant time to the DL this year. Heck, if everyone stays healthy your staff is stacked. But they will go down. They always go down.

Your hitter have some health issues too. Posada will not give you the innings you want from a catcher, unless the Yankees plan on having him DH alot. Matsui, Giambi, Drew, Lowell are huge injury risks too.

You can not reallty expect too much from Hardy and Johnson, De Rosa could be a question mark.

Also, your team is one of the slowest ever. You will lose steals, alot.

Summary. No serious injuries, you're team is good with some holes. However, with the expected amount of injuries, you're team wont break .500.

RATE MY TEAM:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=368837
Sketchpadsrus
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby JRAMI » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:00 am

You know Im not a big fan of Cliff Leem this guy is a flash in a pan. Reminds me the year Beltre had, had one explosive year and been mediocre at best from that point on. I would try to package him along with one of your backups (K Johnson?) for a more dependable pitcher. Something on the lines of this should be able to get you a solid pitcher to anchor your staff. AJ is going to get hurt at some point and Petite is done as far as Im concerned.
JRAMI
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hscsoph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:04 am

Wow the last guy really bashed your pitching staff, I project Qualls to have 32 saves htis year and I really like his chances for success in Arizona this year, Pena hasn't shown many signs of taking the job away from him. I don't paticularly like Burnett as your number two because he has a past of being injury prone and the back of your rotation Pettite and Johnson are in th same boat. See if you can move Fielder for a guy like Votto and a pitcher, I am a big fan of Cain and someone may be willing to give him up cheaply. Good luck this year, don't rely on Giambi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Montero MigCab Beckham Andrus Sandoval Lind J Upton Ellsbury Braun Markakis Willingham B Roberts B Anderson Ubaldo "no hit" Jimenez Nolasco F Cordero Rodney Morales Baker Matusz Lilly Marcum Scherzer Romero Porcello
hscsoph
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team