Is this okay with everyone?

Yes
25%
No
75%

Total votes : 8

Re: Trades

Postby Invictus » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:42 pm

I agree with Chris --- Id suggest that maybe we let trades go through if 3 or 4 managers agree that its a fair deal. I think that this is a more positive way to address the issue. Rather than vetoing, 'allowing' so to speak. I think we're all experienced enough here to know a horribly lopsided deal when we see it. ;-D
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baizboll » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:49 pm

Invictus wrote:I agree with Chris --- Id suggest that maybe we let trades go through if 3 or 4 managers agree that its a fair deal. I think that this is a more positive way to address the issue. Rather than vetoing, 'allowing' so to speak. I think we're all experienced enough here to know a horribly lopsided deal when we see it. ;-D

Invictus - great member name ;-D .... "I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

I'm not sure anybody has to comment on or post in a thread that they agree that a trade was fair for it to go through. But if there is suspected collusion (which will, most likely, not happen), then the issue can be raised.
"Baizboll bin bery, bery good to me!" ~ Chico Escuela

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baizboll » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:01 pm

baizboll wrote:Invictus - great member name ;-D .... "I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

I see in another thread that your name is the Latin word for invincible, not the poem that I quoted. Oops ... never mind. :-S I HATED Latin ... 2 years of he!!.

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

baizboll wrote:I see in another thread that your name is the Latin word for invincible, not the poem that I quoted. Oops ... never mind. :-S I HATED Latin ... 2 years of he!!.

That's the reason why William Ernest Henley titled the poem Invictus. He wrote it while lying in the hospital recovering from having most of his leg amputated.

And knowing is half the battle! GI JOE!!!!!
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Invictus » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:50 pm

baizboll wrote:
baizboll wrote:Invictus - great member name ;-D .... "I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

I see in another thread that your name is the Latin word for invincible, not the poem that I quoted. Oops ... never mind. :-S I HATED Latin ... 2 years of he!!.

Hahaha - Well, to make you feel a little better, the first time I ever heard it was in the poem, and then, once I looked up the term in a latin dictionary, I decided to learn a bit of the language, so I suppose I drew the name from the poem :-).
Invictus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby baizboll » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Invictus wrote:
baizboll wrote:

Hahaha - Well, to make you feel a little better, the first time I ever heard it was in the poem, and then, once I looked up the term in a latin dictionary, I decided to learn a bit of the language, so I suppose I drew the name from the poem :-).

Aha! Well then, never mind my first "never mind". ;-D I'm so confused by my obfuscation. :-S

baizboll
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to The Brushback League