Ried Brignac - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Ried Brignac

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ried Brignac

Postby Bigball » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:17 pm

I drafted this guy 3yrs ago in my Dynasty League for my SS of the future. Now the Rays have Tim Beckham behind Bartlett and Akinori at 2B.
He appears to have fallen out of the Rays plans and without a trade I am afraid he is going to rot in the minors.
Any news or projections on this one time MVP.
its the biggest no brainer in the history of earth....
Bigball
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Ried Brignac

Postby Havok1517 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Make no mistake, I'm sure The Rays would love for Brignac to push Bartlett out of the starting spot. Brignac could without question be the starter for The Rays over Bartlett right now and with similar results but he's better than that. But they don't want him to come up and lose confidence as he has much more potential than Bartlett (Iwamura isn't a factor) and Brignac should produce better than Bartlett when ready. Beckman is probably around 4 to 5 years away from making an impact in the majors as he was a highly raw HS draftee who may not be done growing either. I think this is Reid's year to put up and if he does he'll be the starter sooner rather than later. ST should be very telling but you don't want Reid Brignac to be rushed but he's already good enough to be a regular on most teams.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Bigball » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:03 pm

Thank you....
its the biggest no brainer in the history of earth....
Bigball
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby whatinthebluehell » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:32 pm

Agreed with Havock...Don't be suprised if Brignac switches to 2B at some point in his career either...when beckman matures... Look to see Reid as starting SS in 2010...
whatinthebluehell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kab21 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:49 am

Havok1517 wrote:Make no mistake, I'm sure The Rays would love for Brignac to push Bartlett out of the starting spot. Brignac could without question be the starter for The Rays over Bartlett right now and with similar results but he's better than that. But they don't want him to come up and lose confidence as he has much more potential than Bartlett (Iwamura isn't a factor) and Brignac should produce better than Bartlett when ready. Beckman is probably around 4 to 5 years away from making an impact in the majors as he was a highly raw HS draftee who may not be done growing either. I think this is Reid's year to put up and if he does he'll be the starter sooner rather than later. ST should be very telling but you don't want Reid Brignac to be rushed but he's already good enough to be a regular on most teams.

Reid Brignac needs to show that he can hit at the AAA level before he can be considered better than Bartlett. Other than his '06 offensive outburst in High-A launching pad Brignac has had a relatively underwhelming MiLB career. The encouraging thing is that he's still young and he has a couple good reviews on his defense. Bartlett isn't great by any means (although he is solid), so when Brignac shows that he is ready he could get a shot. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they traded Iwamura in the offseason (or at the deadline if they have a hole elsewhere). He has a '10 option.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Return to Minor League & College Baseball