The Can of Corn - NL East Preview - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby WebHamster » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:24 pm

This thread contains comments on Michael Stephens's Cafecast "The Can of Corn - NL East Preview", which was launched on Fantasy Cafe Radio on February 21, 2009. You can listen to the full show (and view the show notes) here.
WebHamster
Service Robot
Service Robot

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 24307
(Past Year: 452)
Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:56 am

Welcome back ladies. ;-D

Nice start to the year ;-),
I think for the Pirates segment you'll need 5-6 minutes for McLovin alone. Just skip the Cards if you need room, nobody likes them :-D O:-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11362
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:14 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Welcome back ladies. ;-D

Nice start to the year ;-),
I think for the Pirates segment you'll need 5-6 minutes for McLovin alone. Just skip the Cards if you need room, nobody likes them :-D O:-)


Yay! Our most dedicated listener has returned (or have we returned to him?)! Whatcha think of the new music, etc?

LOL! We gave them their 5-6 minutes in the sunshine, and McLovin certainly got the biggest chunk of time - Tune in on the 27th to find out :-D

Now we just have to work on spreading the word more this season ;-D
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:13 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Welcome back ladies. ;-D

Nice start to the year ;-),
I think for the Pirates segment you'll need 5-6 minutes for McLovin alone. Just skip the Cards if you need room, nobody likes them :-D O:-)


Yay! Our most dedicated listener has returned (or have we returned to him?)! Whatcha think of the new music, etc?

LOL! We gave them their 5-6 minutes in the sunshine, and McLovin certainly got the biggest chunk of time - Tune in on the 27th to find out :-D

Now we just have to work on spreading the word more this season ;-D


Music is decent, I actually didn't mind the old ccccccchhhhh sound from last season either.
Darren still doesn't know some peoples names/team details? LOL :-b

Good idea getting a chick to read the names of the teams............pics?

27th? I'll be there (or actually the 28th if I want to be pedantic O:-) ).
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11362
(Past Year: 24)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:05 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Welcome back ladies. ;-D

Nice start to the year ;-),
I think for the Pirates segment you'll need 5-6 minutes for McLovin alone. Just skip the Cards if you need room, nobody likes them :-D O:-)


Yay! Our most dedicated listener has returned (or have we returned to him?)! Whatcha think of the new music, etc?

LOL! We gave them their 5-6 minutes in the sunshine, and McLovin certainly got the biggest chunk of time - Tune in on the 27th to find out :-D

Now we just have to work on spreading the word more this season ;-D


Music is decent, I actually didn't mind the old ccccccchhhhh sound from last season either.
Darren still doesn't know some peoples names/team details? LOL :-b

Good idea getting a chick to read the names of the teams............pics?

27th? I'll be there (or actually the 28th if I want to be pedantic O:-) ).


The ccccchhhh is still there - I never would have nixed that! Right at the beginning ;-)

Yeah, he makes me laugh when he gets occasionally rattled by the names, etc :-D

You want pictures of my wife, eh ? She did a good job (though I wasn't allowed to be in the room when she recorded them, cause she couldn't stop laughing :-D )!
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby cnote23 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:53 pm

Good show man nice start to the year! ;-D
cnote23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafecaster
Posts: 620
(Past Year: 17)
Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby Old_Style » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 pm

Nice show fellas.
Did Shimp say something about being 'in the closet' during the Luis Castillo discussion? :-? :-D
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Old_Style wrote:Nice show fellas.
Did Shimp say something about being 'in the closet' during the Luis Castillo discussion? :-? :-D


Thanks man! Spread the word ;-D

Yeah, I thought I was the only one that heard that, LOL :-D :-b
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby Thracken » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 am

HAHAHA...D in the closet...i definately heard that! The wifey sounded pretty good...but what is this about Aussie being your most loyal listener?...that hurts man...that hurts....
Thracken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerCafecasterTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 738
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Portland, OR

Re: The Can of Corn - NL East Preview

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:03 am

Thracken wrote:HAHAHA...D in the closet...i definately heard that! The wifey sounded pretty good...but what is this about Aussie being your most loyal listener?...that hurts man...that hurts....


Well, most loyal foreign listener, how bout that? And most loyal e-mailer, for sure!

I was just trying to stir the pot really ;-)
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic


Return to Article Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact