Will I Be Winning or Weeping? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Will I Be Winning or Weeping?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will I Be Winning or Weeping?

Postby Brian Grindrod » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:03 am

Hello one & all!

First time participating in a Fantasy Baseball League and the one I enrolled in is Head To Head Yahoo where we count almost all categories if not all. We can also make daily changes to our roster.

Note to all; This is a return to MLB after a lengthy absence. That is, after the last strike which criminally ended the Montreal Expos fantastic season. Some names were quite familiar while others were totally new to me.

Alright, here goes;

C - Jorge Posada, Paul LoDuca
1B - Todd Helton
2B - Brett Boone
3B - Eric Chavez
SS - Edgar Renteria
CI - Aramis Ramirez
MI - Michael Young
OF - Albert Pujols, Juan Pierre, Preston Wilson, Carl Everett, Larry Walker
UT - Aubrey Huff
SP - Randy Johnson, Jason Schmidt, Bartolo Colon, Andy Pettite, Jamie Moyer
RP - Billy Wagner, Ugueth Urbina, Chad Cordero, Rocky Biddle, Scott Shields
BENCH - Livian Hernandez, Tony Armas jr., Moises Alou, Alex Cintron, Frank Catalanotto

I have reservations about my pitching rotation and am aware that my relievers, apart from Wagner, are second rate. But that was the price to pay in order to acquire what I consider to be my league's best infield. I view my outfield as being adequate with Pujols & Juan Pierre with the choice of either Wilson, Everett, Walker or Alou to rotate. Pierre is an important piece of the puzzle since we count Stolen Bases.

So am I in for a long summer or will I be intensely watching the highlight reels every night for MLB scores?

Thanks in advance!
- Brian
Brian Grindrod

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:25 pm

It depends on your scoring. If you count a slew of categories, players who contribute in just one area like Pierre may become less valuable.

I love your lineup, but as you said, pitching is another story. If your rotation holds up (particularly if Johnson is at full strength) and you can scrounge a few more saves, this team could contend. It doesn't look like a low-maintenance squad, though. I like it, but it'll take an active manager to get the most out of it.

And yeah, the strike was awful, particularly for Expos fans. Welcome back to the game. ;-D

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby backbackbackgone » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:53 pm

Yeah, what type of league are you in and how many people are in it, great team overall, saves may be your only issues.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
backbackbackgone
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

re: Will I Be Winning Or Weeping?

Postby Brian Grindrod » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:23 pm

backbackbackgone wrote:Yeah, what type of league are you in and how many people are in it, great team overall, saves may be your only issues.

I am in a Head-to-Head 6 Team League where we count the following;

Stat Categories:

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, TB, E, FPCT, AVG, OBP, W, L, SV, H, HR, BB, K, SB, ERA, WHIP

We have unlimited Moves Or Trades.

Thanks for responding!
- Brian
Brian Grindrod

Thanks!

Postby Brian Grindrod » Tue Mar 09, 2004 8:41 pm

Arlo wrote:And yeah, the strike was awful, particularly for Expos fans. Welcome back to the game. ;-D

Thanks!

Alongside the last strike, the ownership scandals and Bud Selig's backhanded attempt to move the Expos out of Montreal had totally turned me off to MLB.

But with the incredible job that Tony Tavares, Omar Minaya & Frank Robinson have done with the team, the passion of MLB arose in me. Nothing would please me more than to see Montreal win a pennant and make the likes of Selig and Loria eat crow. However, it starts with fan support and this year, I plan to take my old Expos jersey out of the closet and cheer for the home team quite often at The Big O.

As an incentive to check out the games, my buddies and I organized a Baseball Fanstasy League. What better way to get the scoop on teams and players than with the chance to win some nice prize money ($1,000 for 1st & $200 for playoffs) while 'scouting' for that over-looked player that can make the difference down the line.

Best!
- Brian[/img]
Brian Grindrod

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team