10 team Mockeroo!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

10 team Mockeroo!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

10 team Mockeroo!!!

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:07 pm

I participated in a 10 team Yahoo mock just to check it out for upcoming drafts in a couple of weeks. They will be 12 team leagues, but oh well, might as well see the new goods Yahoo has to offer. Very basic 10 team roto league, in which I went basically against my strategy at all costs for many reasons. What ya think?
C Mauer
1B Dunn
2B Alexei
3B Longoria
SS Rollins
OF C. Lee
OF Damon
OF Hawpe
UTIL Delgado
BN Sandoval
BN Mora
SP Haren
SP E. Santana
RP Nathan
RP Soria
P Marmol
P H. Bell
P Greinke
BN Slowey
BN J. Danks
BN Parra

Obviously, I went down some strange roads here, but hey, it's only a mock! :-b
Starting with my pitching staff, what jumps out is the # of RPs I went with. I did grab quite a few top closers, which is not a great strategy, but I felt this would obviously be beneficial towards saves, but also great for my ratios, which let's me be a little more picky as to whom I start on a daily basis (this would require quite a bit of maintainance, but why play if you're not all in?). I like my SPs here, even though I didn't go after one of the top 5 guys. Haren, E. Santana, and Greinke are almost always sure starts, while I can pretty much plug in Slowey and J. Danks most of the time. Parra would be my sleeper guy, one whom I can afford to sit on for a little bit, and see if he breaks out.
As for my Offensive Line-up, it is pretty scary in more than a couple of ways. Starting at the top, I would never grab a catcher this early (5.10), but I wanted his avg. because I knew I would go for some big boppers with bad avg. after grabbing Alexei and Rollins before this spot. These boppers start with Dunn at 1B. We pretty much know what he will produce, even with the move to the Nats. I am high on Alexei having a great season, and love him at 2B this season (over the questions with Utley, and high price tags of Kinsler and Pedroia). Rollins was a no-brainer because of the spot, and helped ease the burden of going after the guys that I knew would be available later on. Obviously Longoria fills out 3B nicely, as the position surely falls off of the map quickly. In the OF, C. Lee is a great start, and I see him having a couple of very productive seasons left. His near .300 will be appreciated on this team, as well as his top power stats. I do not like my Damon pick, but he does provide a little bit of everything for my 2nd OFer. His SB #s put me into the top/middle of the pack, which is where I want to be here. I actually like the Hawpe pick a little more than Damon. Seeing as he has the potential to go 25+ 95 90 .290, he fills the last OF slot very nicely. Delgado at Util can be an either way type of selection. Again, a lower average/ higher power guy to boost me in R HR RBI, he should give this team the advantage over most/all other teams in this area. Sandavol is a low rick/high reward guy, who can fill in in several spots, provides high potential, and a nice piece for a trade (or a trade of Mauer to a team who overvalues the C spot later into the season. Mora was my last selection, and was kind of one of those WTH? picks. Can't hurt me in the last round, only can help, or be dropped. If he jumps into one of his hot streaks, he can be ridden' at 3B or the UTIL slot for a week or two.
I know I went in depth here, but I was bored and have to be up at 5:30 in the morning, so saw no need to do anything but this. I do not believe this will resemble any of my teams that I will draft for $ or bragging rights, but am interested in how others think it could do this season.
Thanks!! ;-D
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 10 team Mockeroo!!!

Postby DaShiz23 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 pm

For what it is worth, my picks by round (10th selection outta 10 teams):

1. Evan Longoria (TB - 3B)
2. Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS)