Pablo Sandoval - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pablo Sandoval

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pablo Sandoval

Postby Zhangman1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:58 am

Is he guaranteed the starting 3B position? If so does the extra ABs that he would amass up his value?
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pablo Sandoval

Postby Maris09 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:05 am

With the other bats the Giants have.....he'll be getting AB's somewhere.
Optimally I think the Giants would like to use him at 1B, but baring signing a Crede or someone, Sandoval will probably see most of his time there.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby MasterX1918 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:06 am

Zhangman1 wrote:Is he guaranteed the starting 3B position? If so does the extra ABs that he would amass up his value?

Yes. I mean just look at the others who would be competing against him.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:56 am

As of right now he'll get everyday ABs at 3rd base. If the Giants were to sign Crede, Pablo would move over to 1st. He will get at least 550 ABs this year, most likely batting 3rd in the giants line up and if he's C eligible he could be pretty valuable this year.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Zhangman1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:13 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:As of right now he'll get everyday ABs at 3rd base. If the Giants were to sign Crede, Pablo would move over to 1st. He will get at least 550 ABs this year, most likely batting 3rd in the giants line up and if he's C eligible he could be pretty valuable this year.

Right now, I have him behind Doumit, Wieters, and ahead of guys like Napoli, Iannetta, Molina, and Shoppach.
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 am

Zhangman1 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:As of right now he'll get everyday ABs at 3rd base. If the Giants were to sign Crede, Pablo would move over to 1st. He will get at least 550 ABs this year, most likely batting 3rd in the giants line up and if he's C eligible he could be pretty valuable this year.

Right now, I have him behind Doumit, Wieters, and ahead of guys like Napoli, Iannetta, Molina, and Shoppach.

seems like a pretty good spot for him. I honestly would rather have him over wieters in a redraft purely due to the fact that he'll most likely get 200+ more AB than wieters which i think will make him more valuable this year. i also have wieters behind iannetta and molina though. i could just be a homer, but i'm expecting big things from pablo this year.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:56 am

He's not old enough to play for the Giants yet.

}:-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:59 am

AussieDodger wrote:He's not old enough to play for the Giants yet.

}:-)

LOL YOU'RE SO FUNNY AND ORIGINAL
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Zhangman1 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:30 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Zhangman1 wrote:

seems like a pretty good spot for him. I honestly would rather have him over wieters in a redraft purely due to the fact that he'll most likely get 200+ more AB than wieters which i think will make him more valuable this year. i also have wieters behind iannetta and molina though. i could just be a homer, but i'm expecting big things from pablo this year.

i think wieters might have a better 2nd half and come playoff time in a h2h, that's more important. However, i think pablo is going way after wieter so the choice isn't too hard to make.
Zhangman1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:36 am

Zhangman1 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Zhangman1 wrote:

i think wieters might have a better 2nd half and come playoff time in a h2h, that's more important. However, i think pablo is going way after wieter so the choice isn't too hard to make.

i play almost entirely roto so i dont really take h2h playoffs and such into account in my rankings. i agree that could sway things though.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers