11 Most Expensive Catastrophes in History - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

11 Most Expensive Catastrophes in History

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 11 Most Expensive Catastrophes in History

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 pm

this whole thread is a catastrophe
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 856)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Obama failed a steroid test.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:32 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:I have a morbid curiosity that would love to see an actual revolution--or attempt--the same way that I'd like to see what would happen if any of the volcanoes that I live near erupted, but it won't happen. In the 1770's the revolutionaries had essentially the same military technology and weaponry as those they were fighting. The same can't be said now. Any revolution would have to have the support of another superpower, or come from the military, neither of which is going to happen.

I actually think the military and law enforcement would mostly be behind a revolution. I don't think arming a resistance would be a problem.

I cannot, for the life of me, think of what would lead you to believe this.

Really? It's pretty simple really. First of all, in general members of the armed forces and law enforcement are a conservative-leaning group. It makes sense intuitively when you consider that national defense and law enforcement are big on the conservative agenda (while liberals are usually anti-military and pro-criminal, right Mook? ;-) ). Secondly, the people who are willing to put their life on the line on a daily basis typically believe that some American ideal, of which personal liberty is front and center, is worth protecting.

As our personal freedoms are taken from us by the federal government, this is going to piss off many of the people whose job it is to protect us. Two of my very best friends are in law enforcement and I'll just say that they and their respective agency brethren aren't real pumped about where we seem to be heading.

We're not there yet, but if we get to the point where the feds are simply too oppressive to take, I think those that protect us are going to be squarely on the side of freedom and liberty.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby knapplc » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:34 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Really? It's pretty simple really. First of all, in general members of the armed forces and law enforcement are a conservative-leaning group. It makes sense intuitively when you consider that national defense and law enforcement are big on the conservative agenda (while liberals are usually anti-military and pro-criminal, right Mook? ;-) ). Secondly, the people who are willing to put their life on the line on a daily basis typically believe that some American ideal, of which personal liberty is front and center, is worth protecting.

As our personal freedoms are taken from us by the federal government, this is going to piss off many of the people whose job it is to protect us. Two of my very best friends are in law enforcement and I'll just say that they and their respective agency brethren aren't real pumped about where we seem to be heading.

We're not there yet, but if we get to the point where the feds are simply too oppressive to take, I think those that protect us are going to be squarely on the side of freedom and liberty.

Does the tinfoil hat ever cover your eyes while you type?
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Big Pimpin » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 pm

knapplc wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:Really? It's pretty simple really. First of all, in general members of the armed forces and law enforcement are a conservative-leaning group. It makes sense intuitively when you consider that national defense and law enforcement are big on the conservative agenda (while liberals are usually anti-military and pro-criminal, right Mook? ;-) ). Secondly, the people who are willing to put their life on the line on a daily basis typically believe that some American ideal, of which personal liberty is front and center, is worth protecting.

Does the tinfoil hat ever cover your eyes while you type?

Occasionally. :-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:25 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:(while liberals are usually anti-military and pro-criminal, right Mook? ;-) ).

Two years in the service myself. Artillery. Liberals are not anti-military, we're just particular about what it's used for. And I don't know what you mean by pro-criminal. I'm gangsta..but I don't think that's what you were going for. Being against the death penalty is not pro-criminal.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:02 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:this whole thread is a catastrophe

How did it get this long? :-°
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:04 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 839)

Postby AussieDodger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:06 pm

OneLoveBoomer wrote:

That's what she said O:-)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 143)

Postby RugbyD » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
I actually think the military and law enforcement would mostly be behind a revolution. I don't think arming a resistance would be a problem.

I cannot, for the life of me, think of what would lead you to believe this.

Really? It's pretty simple really. First of all, in general members of the armed forces and law enforcement are a conservative-leaning group. It makes sense intuitively when you consider that national defense and law enforcement are big on the conservative agenda (while liberals are usually anti-military and pro-criminal, right Mook? ;-) ). Secondly, the people who are willing to put their life on the line on a daily basis typically believe that some American ideal, of which personal liberty is front and center, is worth protecting.

Those in control of the military, intelligence, and law enforcement apparatus are not fond of civil liberties protection.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk