Husband beheads wife - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Husband beheads wife

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Husband beheads wife

Postby Amazinz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:52 pm

The crime drips with brutal irony: a woman decapitated, allegedly by her estranged husband, in the offices of the television network [in Buffalo, NY] the couple founded with the hope of countering Muslim stereotypes.

Just crazy... 8-o

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_1173 ... ost_viewed
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Husband beheads wife

Postby ThatDude » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 pm

She shoulda just made him a sammich like he wanted.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JTWood » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:32 pm

ThatDude wrote:She shoulda just made him a sammich like he wanted.

That didn't take long. :-/
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:40 pm

JTWood wrote:

Seriously X-I
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CadensDad » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:40 pm

7 mins...... not too bad

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:17 am

JTWood wrote:

now it's going to be less funny when i say he must have already told her twice :-C
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:21 am

Amazinz wrote:Just crazy... 8-o

Yeah that's wicked. 8-o

So he and his wife started Bridges TV with the message of developing understanding between North America and the Middle East and South Asia? Hmm hacking your wives head off in the name of "honor killing" is sort of counterproductive to that aim.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Amazinz wrote:
The crime drips with brutal irony: a woman decapitated, allegedly by her estranged husband, in the offices of the television network [in Buffalo, NY] the couple founded with the hope of countering Muslim stereotypes.

Just crazy... 8-o

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_1173 ... ost_viewed

OMG....

the Contra Costa Times is my local newspaper at home!
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Amazinz » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah it's of weird none of the NY papers are running with that story or maybe I just missed it. I was actually reading about the Chargers franchising Sproles (I think) when I ran across it. :-S
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:06 am

Metroid wrote:
Amazinz wrote:Just crazy... 8-o

Yeah that's wicked. 8-o

So he and his wife started Bridges TV with the message of developing understanding between North America and the Middle East and South Asia? Hmm hacking your wives head off in the name of "honor killing" is sort of counterproductive to that aim.

Actually, hacking off his wife's head due to their beliefs explains their customs and culture to North America quite well. From the article:

Nadia Shahram, who teaches family law and Islam at the University at Buffalo Law School, explained honor killing as a practice still accepted among fanatical Muslim men who feel betrayed by their wives.

"If a woman breaks the law which the husband or father has placed for the wife or daughter, honor killing has been justified," said Shahram, who was a regular panelist on a law show produced by Bridges TV. "It happens all the time. It's been practiced in countries such as Pakistan and in India."

Nancy Sanders, the television station's news director for 2 1/2 years, remembers him asking her to move her feet during her job interview so he would not see her legs. She was wearing a skirt and stockings.

He also would not let women enter his office unless his wife was there, and he blocked the station from airing a story about the first Muslim woman to win the title of Miss England in 2005, Sanders said.

Seems he held to many of their practices and beliefs and now more people are aware of those practices and beliefs. Crazy for us here in the States and I'm sure he'll be locked up for the rest of his life (or executed), but not crazy in other parts of the world.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to General Talk