need input regarding slightly different format - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

need input regarding slightly different format

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

need input regarding slightly different format

Postby la_ecks » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 am

Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone has ever set up a league that tries to follow a format more like a real game.

I've played in pretty standard h2h leagues and enjoy those a lot, (13 batters, 9 pitchers etc), but this year I started one with a slightly different format, in addition to any others I play in.

Currently I have it set up on ESPN as a daily h2h with the standard 5x5 categories.
The 25 man roster is set up as such:
1 C
1 1B
1 2B
1 3B
1 SS
1 LF
1 CF
1 RF
1 UTIL

1 SP
2 RP

13 bench
3 DL

The goal here is to see who is the best manager - taking into account actual matchups, instead of just going "all-in" every day with your players.
I'm sure there will be frustrating days for all involved when your picks don't go as planned, but it seems like it could be very fun.

So has anyone run one like this? Did you enjoy it? If not, why not?

I'm also considering adding one more category to each, and probably changing AVG to OBP. I have a limit of 2 at each field position, 5 on SP, 6 on RP.
Any thoughts as to DL slots, limits on positions (to keep people from hording at a given position), and transaction limits - in regards to a format that is slimmed down like this, would be great.

We have 12 people ready to roll, and so far they all seem to think it will be a nice sidestep from the norm. I just want to nail down the finer points so that I make sure I haven't overlooked anything.

Thanks!
la_ecks
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner