Freashly drafted team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Freashly drafted team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Freashly drafted team

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:35 am

The one down fall of my teams always seems to be speed as I find the power hitting, run producers to enticing to pass up. I tried to make more of an effort to add some speed this time adding some guys who can take 20 or so and probably reaching a little bit on Ellsbury, I also intentionally let 2nd slip so I could target Kaz later for a little speed, but was sure to back him up with Alexi Casilla who I like a lot since Kaz has had some injury problems. Guys like James Loney and Ryan Theriot went undrafted in this league. I wish I had more bench spots they were tempting, but I had no real need for them. This is a 12 team, 5x5 roto league.

C Pablo Sandoval
1B Prince Fielder
2B Kazuo Matsui
3B David Wright
SS J.J. Hardy
OF Carlos Beltrán
OF Vladimir Guerrero
OF Jacoby Ellsbury
Util Nate McLouth
BN Bobby Abreu
BN Andre Ethier
BN Alexi Casilla
SP Chad Billingsley
SP James Shields
RP Francisco Cordero
RP Frank Francisco
P Aaron Harang
P Scott Baker
P Chris Pérez
BN Clayton Kershaw
BN Kenshin Kawakami
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Freashly drafted team

Postby ASU Redwolf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 am

I think there is enough speed in that lineup to get you at least to the middle of the pack in steals. You should score tons of runs with that lineup. I see your team in the upper tier of the league in most offensive categories. Pitching looks suspect to me. I think you will get high marks in Strikeouts but I would worry somewhat with ERA and WHIP stats. I would not worry about saves because that is highly unpredicable anyway in most seasons. I had Cordero last season in my H2H league and he disappointed me badly. It wasn't so much his bad performances, it was that the Reds didn't provide him many good save opportunities.
ASU Redwolf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team