Poll: Eligible players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

Poll: Eligible players

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Should we use...

The restrictive list (players only added to database when called up the majors)
36%
The unrestrictive list (players added to the database at Yahoo's discretion)
64%

Total votes : 11

Re: Poll: Eligible players

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm

fezzik wrote:I remember there being some discussion about term limits for keepers...4 years was what was posted earlier in the thread after there was some resistance to no term limits...if there were no term limits, I would have taken Hamels over Peavy last round. So it has definitely been affecting my drafting...

we definitely discussed and decided on the 4 year keeper limit, i've been drafting under that rule as well.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm

First page of the "Discussion: Type of League" thread.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby Snakes Gould » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:19 pm

i remember there being discussion but never agreed upon.

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying things like "by the time we agree on a minor league draft, the draft will be over" etc...

it could realistically take 10 minutes to put together a minor league draft and farm system. but whatever. im good. lets get back to drafting.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:i remember there being discussion but never agreed upon.

i dont understand why everyone keeps saying things like "by the time we agree on a minor league draft, the draft will be over" etc...

it could realistically take 10 minutes to put together a minor league draft and farm system. but whatever. im good. lets get back to drafting.

We will have one next yr :-) ;-D
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:because a player cannot be eligible for both drafts. it essentially just makes the minor league draft rounds 25-30 instead of a minor league draft. im over this like everyone else said.

make it simple. no minor leagues ever. everyone is eligible. its getting out of hand now.

I'm not saying that you can draft ANYONE in the MiLB draft, that would mean 25-30...

And if you're worried about players being eligible in both drafts, make them separate drafts and not coinciding. You're seriously talking 2 prospects out of the 60 that would most likely be drafted(or even wanted) in the MLB draft.

The ideas I've given aren't complicated at all...

I'm just going to hold off now until I know for sure that we're either doing a MiLB system or not.

not true. if i have the last pick in the 23rd round of the major league draft, i would much rather have neftali feliz or someone like that than a pedro feliz or carlos ruiz. then i would just stash the minor league player on my farm, and pick up a feliz or ruiz anyway. with that system, there are too many loopholes.

either way, a decision needs to be made very soon.

No, read my post. I was saying ANYONE drafted in the MLB draft can NEVER been put into your farm system(and Feliz wouldn't be eligible either in the MLB draft because he's not in the 0<x<130/50, it's not complicated but it may be misunderstood). That's why I posted it more than once to get that point across. Besides, I think to negate most of this, the MiLB draft should come before the Regular draft, that way we wouldn't have the Price/Maybin problem that would encounter by running them coincided or MiLB after the draft. That way their drafted as prospects and the ability to be in your farm system instead of being forced to be on the active roster.

And since we'll have it next year, I don't see why we can't have a nice healthy debate about it now while we're all here.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Cold Stove League