Poll: Eligible players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Cold Stove League

Poll: Eligible players

Moderators: smoovethug, RocketsDWM

Should we use...

The restrictive list (players only added to database when called up the majors)
36%
The unrestrictive list (players added to the database at Yahoo's discretion)
64%

Total votes : 11

Poll: Eligible players

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Let's decide this.
RocketsDWM
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Poll: Eligible players

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:20 am

i went with unrestricted, but i dont think it matters as much as who we allow to be drafted. which, in my opinion, should be everybody,
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:26 am

reiterating:

The only thing about the restricted database is FAs out there that don't have teams and someone drafting them, Manny and OCab. Being that we are drafting offline, we can leave that spot open if they need and don't need to say they can't draft them. I say we just can't draft prospects. That's what I believe. So I'm sort of for the restricted database, as long as the person that has drafted Manny and that would want to draft OCab would be able too.

So in effect, Players with MLB experience can be drafted in the MLB draft only. (Price)

Players with no MLB experience must be drafted in the MiLB draft to be rostered. (Wieters)
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 am

WickedSmaat wrote:So in effect, Players with MLB experience can be drafted in the MLB draft only. (Price)

Players with no MLB experience must be drafted in the MiLB draft to be rostered. (Wieters)

I don't agree with this. In cases like Wieters, he's legitimately being drafted in most non-keeper non-minor system leagues. I think either we allow anyone to be drafted and ditch the supplemental draft or we have to examine each situation on a case-by-case basis but that would be both arbitrary and probably confusing.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:59 am

bobbing_headz wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:So in effect, Players with MLB experience can be drafted in the MLB draft only. (Price)

I don't agree with this. In cases like Wieters, he's legitimately being drafted in most non-keeper non-minor system leagues. I think either we allow anyone to be drafted and ditch the supplemental draft or we have to examine each situation on a case-by-case basis but that would be both arbitrary and probably confusing.

There's no confusion with the way I proposed, they either have or haven't had MLB experience ;)

And it doesn't matter whether or not Wieters is being drafted by other leagues, I'm only talking about ours.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:43 am

WickedSmaat wrote:
bobbing_headz wrote:

There's no confusion with the way I proposed, they either have or haven't had MLB experience ;)

And it doesn't matter whether or not Wieters is being drafted by other leagues, I'm only talking about ours.

I'm not confused by your proposal, I'm against it. Now it's not allowing people to draft rookies during the normal draft. Our minor league system should be a way to draft players who would not normally be rostered. If we're having an MiLB draft only to have some owners immediately add guys to their normal roster than IMO it partially defeats the purpose of having the MiLB draft in the first place. The idea of a "minor league system" should be a way to add depth to our league by allowing owners to gain the rights to future prospects, not a way to deal with the nuances of the Yahoo player database. While those two things undoubtedly are related, they are philosophically not the same.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bobbing_headz » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:59 am

Wait, I misunderstood the choices and want to change my vote. I believe I voted for option A but I'm in favor of an unrestricted system.
bobbing_headz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:43 am

I'm against it being restricted. See my post in the general commentary thread.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby AussieDodger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:45 am

I couldn't be bothered wading through 3 days of blah blah, so I went unrestricted.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:13 am

At this point, I'm starting to become indifferent about the entire subject.

If we allow anyone to be drafted and kept, then I rather not institute a MiLB draft this year or next, or ever! There's going to be that guy who is in 12th place, or close, who will drop 2-3+ bench players and pick up some prospects on the oft chance that they are called up and dominate (ala Alexei, Longoria, etc.) and/or use them to as final keepers. As a result, our first inaugural minors draft will be a shell of what it could be - what a waste.

I vote consistency. If you all are going to vote for the unrestricted database, then it should stay that way for the duration of this league.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Next

Return to Cold Stove League