My team is better than yours! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team is better than yours!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team is better than yours!

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:21 am

Well, maybe not. But I've noticed that the topics with obnoxious titles seem to get better and more responses.

It's a 7x7 league, with R, HR, RBI, TB, AVG, SB and OPS for hitters. W, SV, K, Holds, ERA, WHIP, and K/9 for pitchers. We got to keep 6 players from last year, which explains my overstacked roster. There are 14 teams and more positions than in most leagues.

C- Jason Phillips
1b- Todd Helton
2b- Alfonso Soriano
3b- Dimitri Young
SS- Alex Rodriguez
IF- Brad Fullmer
LF- Albert Pujols
CF- Jeromy Burnitz
RF- Phil Nevin
OF- Cliff Floyd
OF- Mike Cuddyer
OF- Carl Crawford
Util- Empty!

SP- Roy Halladay
SP- Mike Mussina
SP- Johan Santana
RP- Armando Benitez
RP- B. Looper
P- Kip Wells
P- Jake Peavy
P- Kyle Farnsworth
BN- Cliff Lee
BN- Dewon Brazelton
BN- Jeff Weaver
BN- Edwin Jackson
BN- F. Rodriguez
BN- Juan Cruz

Now, obviously I need to fill that Util spot. And I'd like another holder. But what else would you suggest? There's not a lot on the WW (except holders - there are plenty of those).

Thanks- Any help would be appreciated.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ctylkoko » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:29 am

ill take a guess and say this a keepers league since your team is stacked from top to bottom. Another RP would be a nice addition, your pitching staff has insane potential.
ctylkoko
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:46 am

I forgot to mention that Brian Roberts is (in my opinion) the top guy on the WW. Is he worth dropping a pitcher over? Also, I would like another holds guy. Is there a second pitcher worth dropping to win the holds cat?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby canibus » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:47 am

ctylkoko wrote:ill take a guess and say this a keepers league since your team is stacked from top to bottom. Another RP would be a nice addition, your pitching staff has insane potential.

Um, if you re-read what he wrote he said it's a keeper league :-D

AbsAd, pretty darn good team. Bet mine could give you a run for your money though ;-D

I'm not sold on Dudyer and Fullner, and Floyd is kinda average as far as OF goes, but like ya said it's a deep league. I think there is a good chance you'll be able to get Weaver and Jackson into your starting rotation I expect big things from them both. I have been picking up EJ in all leagues, just on the chance he gets the starts to be useful. Perhaps LA will bring him along slowly, though. As for your UTIL spot, hard to say without knowingwho's avail. I suppose I'd say grab and OF. I don't imagine there is a Burrell or a Bradley out there? ;-D
Not in this deep a league, I'm quite sure. Who are some FA's out there?
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:47 am

Here's a list of the top guys on the ww (I also have the #1 priority):
Spivey, Fick, W. Cordero, Rivas, C. Guillen, Hatteberg, Roberts, Pena, and O. Hudson. As for pitchers, I don't really think I have space for any.

And no. Burrell and Bradley are long gone. I think that it's safe to say that we're down to scrubs.

Oh, and my six keepers were (just to brag): Pujols, Arod, Soriano, Helton, Mussina, and Halladay.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ctylkoko » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:54 am

woops..ok def time to get some sleep then :-b
ctylkoko
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:56 pm

All right, you mooks. I want more answers than that. Keep in mind that I always return the favor and more, so let's get to some objective analysis of my team, huh?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:02 pm

hmmmm....I agree that Brian Roberts is the best pick up - he will probably be 2b and ss eligible.

Other than that one back up I would look to the future. This year looks like a lock. Be cocky and look for rookies who might smack around the Marys in your league next year and the year after. Seems like you are thinking along the same line (why else would Brazelton and Cruz be taking up space) and your bench is deep enough.

Forget about the oldtimers that you mentioned - you can always find a Hatteberg on the wire - he will only start if you have an injury anyways. Fliers that I would be looking at include Jason Bay, Tike Redman, Alex Rios, Willie Harris (sb and 2b eligibility maybe) and maybe Grady Sizemore. As for pitchers, who knows? Oliver Perez, Cliff Lee, Dustin McGowan - these are the guys who might come up and pull a Dontrelle.

btw - You know, the trouble with starting an all star team like this is that it might kill your league. I have been in a league like this before. When an owner drops out (usually the loser in last place) and you try to get a replacement they look at the stacked teams and get scared. My league died because of it.

I hope for your sake that this league is for money - best of luck - but it doesn't look like you need it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:48 pm

Okay, great. I dropped Brazelton (though I hated to) and picked up Roberts. Hairston isn't staying healthy and Roberts will have the job, in my opinion.

As for the players you listed, you're right. I may decide to drop Roberts and pick up either Redman or Harris. I probably have a day or two before I've got to make the decision.

And I'm afraid that you're right about me overpowering the league. It very well may break up. Last year, the bottom 2 teams quit and the commisioner had to find two new guys. But last year I finished with 178.5 points out of a possible 180. This year I like my team more. If I win by a lot, I'll probably break up my team - make silly trades to the last place teams. Pujols for Ensberg and the like.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby canibus » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:10 pm

lol, I don't understand why you picked up Roberts when you have Soriano... but okay :-D
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team