SP: Brandon Webb
SP: Dan Haren
RP: Mariano Rivera
RP: Francisco Rodriguez
P: Trevor Hoffman
P: Edinson Volquez
P: Zack Greinke
P: Chien-Ming Wang

Thank you for any comments, they are much appreciated.
Luckskywalker7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my team

Postby SecretAgentMan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:36 am

Pitching looks very strong. Offensive looks week imo. You obviously went for closers and pitching early. Not a strategy I prefer, but it could work out for you.

The offense needs to have guys like Cano and Votto to step up and with only 9 starting offensive players, the best you have to muster at Util is Cantu or Reynolds with very weak other bench options unless someone steps up\breaks out. ANd Rollins is your only real source of speed.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 756)

Postby Luckskywalker7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:09 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote:Pitching looks very strong. Offensive looks week imo. You obviously went for closers and pitching early. Not a strategy I prefer, but it could work out for you.

The offense needs to have guys like Cano and Votto to step up and with only 9 starting offensive players, the best you have to muster at Util is Cantu or Reynolds with very weak other bench options unless someone steps up\breaks out. ANd Rollins is your only real source of speed.

Thanks for the input. I would comment on your topic but I don't know much about keeper leagues so...
Luckskywalker7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby FantasyNut21 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:38 pm

Offense is pretty weak. I'd have some major injury concerns with your closers as well.
FantasyNut21
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Luckskywalker7 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:08 pm

FantasyNut21 wrote:Offense is pretty weak. I'd have some major injury concerns with your closers as well.

Which closers have injury concerns? Hoffman maybe but rivera and k-rod i'm not so sure.
Luckskywalker7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ASU Redwolf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:58 am

The offense does look weak but stay on top of things and it can be fixed. I had Rollins last season and he alone kept me high in steals so just add a little speed and you should be OK there. The pitching looks good. Just keep a eye on getting another quality closer to bolster K-Rod.
ASU Redwolf
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby sean1981 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 pm

This team is not as bad offensively as people are making it out to be. Still, I don't think that you have the power to challenge for the cash. The pitching is SOLID, but the offense lacks pop. It's hard for me to support a team when I can't tell off the bat who the first round pick was. If it was Holliday or Rollins, you already put yourself in a big hole in the power categories.
sean1981
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Luckskywalker7 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:46 pm

sean1981 wrote:This team is not as bad offensively as people are making it out to be. Still, I don't think that you have the power to challenge for the cash. The pitching is SOLID, but the offense lacks pop. It's hard for me to support a team when I can't tell off the bat who the first round pick was. If it was Holliday or Rollins, you already put yourself in a big hole in the power categories.

I drafted in the 9 spot and ended up taking rollins 1st, webb 2nd, holliday 3rd.

Someone offered me Carlos Lee for Haren and Rivera. I declined it. Is just Haren for Lee a good trade?
Luckskywalker7
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 pm

Luckskywalker7 wrote:
sean1981 wrote:This team is not as bad offensively as people are making it out to be. Still, I don't think that you have the power to challenge for the cash. The pitching is SOLID, but the offense lacks pop. It's hard for me to support a team when I can't tell off the bat who the first round pick was. If it was Holliday or Rollins, you already put yourself in a big hole in the power categories.

I drafted in the 9 spot and ended up taking rollins 1st, webb 2nd, holliday 3rd.

Someone offered me Carlos Lee for Haren and Rivera. I declined it. Is just Haren for Lee a good trade?

I would be worried about 1b and 2b more than your OF situation. Votto is a weak option for a starting 1b in a league this shallow imo. And Cano...well that, may work out for you, but I am not a Cano fan. I have seen too much of his garbage the past two seasons to draft him at this point. Guys that do not show up for months at a time are not the types of players I want. I was actually of the opinion at the end of last season that the Yanks should have sent Cano to AAA once they were realistially out of it to join his buddy Mlky Cabrera and maybe teach the guy a lesson to get his head out of his you know what. Apparently being the Yankee starting 2b was not enough motivation for him to play hard and keep his head in the game. A trip to AAA might of helped to cure that.

That said Haren for Carlos Lee is a fair trade. I just think your OF is servieable while 1b, Util, C and maybe 2b may end up being under league avg for you. And I will point out that you have no reserve pitchers, so trading one straight up or a hitter immediately creates a WW fodder hole in your pitching lineup.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 756)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team