I want out - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I want out

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: I want out

Postby jlm53089 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:01 pm

bboy wrote:Thanks. I'll track down a yahoo address. I'm not averse to some good natured ribbing and a bit of swearing but this stuff was just sick. Including a nice graphic description of a bestiality video during the draft.

Whoa. you had a draft with Aqua too?
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 4Pack » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Good luck man! I was an idiot last season and got into a Yahoo private league that a commissioner was advertising on Yahoo. Everything was great until about a week after the draft....

The commish set the league up so that managers vote on trades. Great...no problem...so anyway a somewhat lopsided trade was vetoed early on ( I voted to accept it because it was not THAT lopsided). The day after it was vetoed....the commissioner pushed it through anyway and changed the league settings so only he can decide what trades go through. Did not pay much attention to the parties involved in the trade initially....but as it turned out...the commish was getting the better deal. Sooo of course my red flags shot up bigtime.

I emailed the commish and posted messages on the board demanding that the trade be reversed. IMO...the fact that it probably should not have been vetoed was irrelevant. The managers had voted agaisnt it...and it should remain vetoed. Well...that was a waste of my time as he took no action to reverse his decision.

I then took a look at his Fantasy Profile and noticed a trend. In leagues that he was not the
commissioner....he would consistently finish "9 of 12"..."10 of 12"...11 of 12", etc. etc. However..in leagues that he did commish he consistenly finished at or near the top of the league. At that point I was convinced he was a cheat.

Throughout the course of the next month...he took players off of managers rosters, locked managers teams and sat their players, locked them so they could not post, etc. etc. etc. It was a fricken nightmare.

I emailed Yahoo several times asking them to remove him as commissioner...and always got the standard "we do not interfere in private leagues" reply. It just kind of baffled me why Yahoo would allow this to happen.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 pm

jlm53089 wrote:
bboy wrote:Thanks. I'll track down a yahoo address. I'm not averse to some good natured ribbing and a bit of swearing but this stuff was just sick. Including a nice graphic description of a bestiality video during the draft.

Whoa. you had a draft with Aqua too?

My anonymity on the internet gets the best of me sometimes and I can't help but express what I am feeling at the moment. O:-)
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby silverZ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Ignore them. Didn't you learn that in elementary? It's the internet, get used to people being rude, disgusting pigs. I'd like to see your face when someone tricks you into looking at 2girls1cup.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby JTWood » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:15 pm

silverZ wrote:Ignore them. Didn't you learn that in elementary? It's the internet, get used to people being rude, disgusting pigs. I'd like to see your face when someone tricks you into looking at 2girls1cup.

JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby DaShiz23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Yoda wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Yoda wrote:Just don't manage your team. Not a big deal.

But what about my Yahoo! rating?!?! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

:-o

Who really gives a rat's ass about the Yahoo rating? ;-)

Yeah, The Yahoo rating is a joke, and doesn't mean a darn thing to me.

As far as these stupid commish's, you can usually bait them to allowing you back in or whattever by calling their manhood into question.
I had a league two seasons ago like this, where the commish cherry picked off of the four worst teams after I built a HUGE lead in late July. It took me 2 weeks of calling him all types of names and telling him he was a horrible fantasy player until he finally unlocked me and gave me access to those teams he cherry picked off of. I basically challenged him by giving him free reigns to whomever he wanted, as long as he unlocked me and gave me access to his 'leftovers'. Longer story short, I beat him by about 4, after being up over him by over 25 pts!
If this doesn't work, just try to team up with the other owners and work against him, if it is even possible. If not, oh well, you know what was really going on.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:30 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
But what about my Yahoo! rating?!?! :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Who really gives a rat's ass about the Yahoo rating? ;-)

Yeah, The Yahoo rating is a joke, and doesn't mean a darn thing to me.

I hope this reply isn't implying that I cared about the Yahoo! rating.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:45 pm

B-Chad wrote:If Yahoo is unable to do anything you can always cut your entire roster and make the league less enjoyable for the idiots you are playing with when they are all fending for superstars on the wire. Kind of childish I know, but if they are going to make the league an intolerable place to play, shame on them, and ruin the league for them.

Did this once in a really foolish league where people were idiots, especially the commish. Dumped everyone. Pretty hilarious actually.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bigken117 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 am

JTWood wrote:
silverZ wrote:Ignore them. Didn't you learn that in elementary? It's the internet, get used to people being rude, disgusting pigs. I'd like to see your face when someone tricks you into looking at 2girls1cup.

OK, there's the two girls...where's the cup and what am I missing :-?

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby silverZ » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:30 am

Just google 2girls1cup and you'll understand their reaction. Be warned you may vomit.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers