FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP #18 Cliff Lee - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP #18 Cliff Lee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zack Greinke
27%
Edinson Volquez
1%
Rich Harden
5%
John Lester
15%
Daisuke Matsuzaka
7%
Carlos Zambrano
2%
AJ Burnett
3%
Yovani Gallardo
8%
Cliff Lee
31%
Other (please specify)
1%

Total votes : 102

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #18

Postby J35J » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:31 pm

j24jags wrote:It's great to be back, this is my first post in a long, long time. I've been very busy with freshman year of college, but I am psyched for the season and hopefully I'll be around as much as I used to be.

I went with Cliff Lee, he won the Cy Young and even if he regresses to his 05 #s he is great value as the 18th SP.

He's not a top 25SP with his '05 numbers. Not for me anyway.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:36 pm

J35J wrote:
j24jags wrote:It's great to be back, this is my first post in a long, long time. I've been very busy with freshman year of college, but I am psyched for the season and hopefully I'll be around as much as I used to be.

I went with Cliff Lee, he won the Cy Young and even if he regresses to his 05 #s he is great value as the 18th SP.

How could you even debate this? If he reaches his '05 numbers, he WOULD be a top 25 SP. Different story if you're talking about projecting his numbers off that year, which may have been a bit flukey.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)

Postby auclairkeithbc » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:32 pm

J35J wrote:

If Cliff Lee repeated his '05 numbers in '08, he would have been a top 10 SP.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:05 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
J35J wrote:

3.79ERA/1.22WHIP/143 Ks is top 10? Looks an awful lot like what I have Hiroki Kuroda doing in '09. The thing that truely seperates top pitchers from the bottom guys in fantasy are strike outs. Baker is easily a 3.79/1.22 type of guy, so is Slowey, Young, Lowe, Buerhle, Litsch and a whole host of others that I can get past the top 30 SP taken off the board. I guess everyone sees the 18 wins and falls in love? :-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby The Mighty Trow » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Yoda wrote:Come on people vote Greinke.

I thought he was going to run away with this one (because he deserves it), but apparently it's going to go down to the wire...

I blame Lester :-B
The Mighty Trow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby auclairkeithbc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:11 pm

This is so close, we should call it for #18 and #19. I know at the 80 vote mark Lee was up by 3 votes. Now Greinke is up by 1 vote. It certainly seems close enough to skip to SP #20, as we've done for the other close votes.
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby auclairkeithbc » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:14 pm

J35J wrote:
auclairkeithbc wrote:
J35J wrote:

3.79ERA/1.22WHIP/143 Ks is top 10? Looks an awful lot like what I have Hiroki Kuroda doing in '09. The thing that truely seperates top pitchers from the bottom guys in fantasy are strike outs. Baker is easily a 3.79/1.22 type of guy, so is Slowey, Young, Lowe, Buerhle, Litsch and a whole host of others that I can get past the top 30 SP taken off the board. I guess everyone sees the 18 wins and falls in love? :-?

No, no. We are saying that with those 18 wins, he would have been top 10. They might be hard to predict, but they are pretty important when its all said and done.
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby J35J » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:25 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
J35J wrote:
auclairkeithbc wrote:

No, no. We are saying that with those 18 wins, he would have been top 10. They might be hard to predict, but they are pretty important when its all said and done.

Bah, the 2-4 extra wins over a Slowey, Lowe, Young, etc, etc, etc doesn't all of a sudden make him a top 10 guy, IMO. To each his own though, no worries.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers