'Oil Can' attempting comeback? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

'Oil Can' attempting comeback?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 'Oil Can' attempting comeback?

Postby fezzik » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:19 pm

Neato Torpedo wrote:YES WE (Oil) CAN


Next time I go to start a thread I'll consult you on the title...sometimes my wit is just lacking. :-)

It seems like he has a passion to pitch...and to make some MLB dollars. ;-) I say give him a shot...a 15 minute bullpen session should be enough for an initial evaluation. ;-D
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Re: 'Oil Can' attempting comeback?

Postby CadensDad » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:09 am

fezzik wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:YES WE (Oil) CAN


Next time I go to start a thread I'll consult you on the title...sometimes my wit is just lacking. :-)

It seems like he has a passion to pitch...and to make some MLB dollars. ;-) I say give him a shot...a 15 minute bullpen session should be enough for an initial evaluation. ;-D



Do you want to be the manager having to tell the 22 year old stud pitcher he wont be playing in the majors this year because "Oil can" can pitch the middle innings?
Image

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5977
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 25 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 'Oil Can' attempting comeback?

Postby Old_Style » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:17 am

CadensDad wrote:

Do you want to be the manager having to tell the 22 year old stud pitcher he wont be playing in the majors this year because "Oil can" can pitch the middle innings?


If Oil Can is better than the 22 year old stud, it shouldn't be a problem. ;-D
Image
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 6885
Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: at the last neighborhood corner tavern

Re: 'Oil Can' attempting comeback?

Postby fezzik » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:20 am

CadensDad wrote:
fezzik wrote:
Neato Torpedo wrote:YES WE (Oil) CAN


Next time I go to start a thread I'll consult you on the title...sometimes my wit is just lacking. :-)

It seems like he has a passion to pitch...and to make some MLB dollars. ;-) I say give him a shot...a 15 minute bullpen session should be enough for an initial evaluation. ;-D



Do you want to be the manager having to tell the 22 year old stud pitcher he wont be playing in the majors this year because "Oil can" can pitch the middle innings?


Do I want to be the manager that had to tell the 22 year old? Sounds like a leading question...but hey, I'll bite. :-b

I would have zero problem being that manager...because if I'm signing on Boyd, I would assume he proved himself to be considerably better than the 22 year old.

If Boyd proved to be worth a roster spot, the 22 year wouldn't be a "stud" pitcher...the worst prospect would be released. It might be a mid-30's life long minor leaguer...it might be a mid-20's pitcher who had seemingly reached his ceiling...and that ceiling ended up being relatively low. The sooner I cut him, the sooner he can start finding another profession...because if he can't beat out a 49 year old has been he isn't MLB material. ;-D
Image
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2415
Joined: 9 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Inside my head

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact