Love this team! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Love this team!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Love this team!

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:55 pm

12 team 6x6 roto league with OPS and holds. Closers went to early for me to bother to reach for them so I loaded up on set up guys who could find themselves closing, and took Francisco and the pathetic Tyler Walker as 9th inning men to go along with Jenks. I've got some great OPS hitters including Choo, who may not be a sure thing but posted an OPS of .946 last season with a .309 BA. Considering how late I got him, he seemed like a great pick. Could use a little more speed which is typical of my teams, but I think Theriot will run a bit more this season.

Last edited by Tenacious D-Store on Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Love this team!

Postby Z-LEAGUER » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:02 pm

REALLY NICE TEAM. LOVE THE MIX. COULD USE RELIEF HELP BUT IT BECOMES EASY TO FIND AS SEASON PLAYS OUT. NAME TO WATCH IF AVAILABLE--SAITO OF BOSTON
Z-LEAGUER
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Z-LEAGUER wrote:REALLY NICE TEAM. LOVE THE MIX. COULD USE RELIEF HELP BUT IT BECOMES EASY TO FIND AS SEASON PLAYS OUT. NAME TO WATCH IF AVAILABLE--SAITO OF BOSTON

Just a suggestion since you are new here and possibly to forums. Watch the caps, it looks like you're shouting and some people find them irritating and a little hard on the eyes. Thanks for your input though. ;-D
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 pm

I do like your your team, but to a point. You may have overdone it on the RPs. I would like to see one more power guy in your line-up (hr, rbi, and some AVG). Holds are nice to target, but the guys you grabbed to fill this cat are somewhat of ratio killers. Unfortunately, by going pitcher crazy, you do not have a ton of pieces to trade.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:29 pm

I suppose I felt that my hitters were not injury risks and strong enough that they didn't need to be backed up. I disagree that the pitchers are ratio killers. With daily lineups, I can bench the guys who aren't starting and load in all of those RP's.
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Kimbos Beard » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 am

Tenacious D-Store wrote:I disagree that the pitchers are ratio killers. With daily lineups, I can bench the guys who aren't starting and load in all of those RP's.

I think the point is that you are carrying guys like Pena, Walker and Lewis basically to contribute to one category holds, but look at their other numbers. They have ballooned WHIP's and ERA's. My guess is that even with holds as a category, you don't need to be carrying all of those relief pitchers, and unfortunately I don't know how many people are going to make trade s for guys like Walker, Pena and Lewis, so they may become wasted picks.

Besides that I do like your starting pitching and your lineup is serviceable
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby DaShiz23 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Kimbos Beard wrote:
Tenacious D-Store wrote:I disagree that the pitchers are ratio killers. With daily lineups, I can bench the guys who aren't starting and load in all of those RP's.

I think the point is that you are carrying guys like Pena, Walker and Lewis basically to contribute to one category holds, but look at their other numbers. They have ballooned WHIP's and ERA's. My guess is that even with holds as a category, you don't need to be carrying all of those relief pitchers, and unfortunately I don't know how many people are going to make trade s for guys like Walker, Pena and Lewis, so they may become wasted picks.

Besides that I do like your starting pitching and your lineup is serviceable

That's what I meant. Thanks for saying the way I should have!
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team