CBS Tiebreakers... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS Tiebreakers...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Tiebreakers...

Postby BeanTown » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:15 am

How do people set up their tiebreakers in CBS H2H?

I believe Winning % is how the standings are calculated but then my only options for tiebreaker categories is H2H record and Division record. My league does not use divisions so does that mean the division record tiebreaker is useless? Wouldn't it be the same as winning %? If the only option for me is H2H record as a tiebreaker isn't it very possible that the standings at the end of the season could STILL end in a tie?

Thanks.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Tiebreakers...

Postby Rich Greene » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:49 am

Sportsline has 2 tiebreaker settings, one that breaks ties within a period and one that sorts how the standings appear on the page.

In head-to-head if you're using categories most leagues would just leave the ties,
If its a points based head-to-head you can pick an individual category to break the tie or just leave it as a tie.

As far as the standings, yes if your records are tied than the win % would be tied - thats a no brainer. On Sportsline you have to enter the playoff matchups yourself once the season ends so if this is the problem you need to just create a set of tiebreaking procedures and post it in your league constitution. I would recommend either choosing total points for the season or head-to-head between the tied teams to start.
Rich Greene
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: CBS Tiebreakers...

Postby BeanTown » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:33 am

Rich Greene wrote:Sportsline has 2 tiebreaker settings, one that breaks ties within a period and one that sorts how the standings appear on the page.

In head-to-head if you're using categories most leagues would just leave the ties,
If its a points based head-to-head you can pick an individual category to break the tie or just leave it as a tie.

As far as the standings, yes if your records are tied than the win % would be tied - thats a no brainer. On Sportsline you have to enter the playoff matchups yourself once the season ends so if this is the problem you need to just create a set of tiebreaking procedures and post it in your league constitution. I would recommend either choosing total points for the season or head-to-head between the tied teams to start.

Thanks Rich. I'm interested in the tiebreaker for the standings. In regards to your last sentence the H2H tiebreaker you speak of is the option that's available on the standings tiebreaker section of the CBS setup, correct? So I could set that from within CBS and then just communicate my own 2nd tiebreaker to the rest of the league since there is no useable 2nd tiebreaker on CBS. Does that sound right? Total points for the season, as you mentioned, is not an applicable tiebreaker for our league since its H2H counting indivual categories as wins.
BeanTown
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner