FBC Community Top 20 OF - #19: Bobby Abreu - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FBC Community Top 20 OF - #19: Bobby Abreu

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is the #19 outfielder in a standard 5x5 league?

Adam Dunn
5
6%
Magglio Ordonez
8
9%
Corey Hart
12
14%
Shane Victorino
4
5%
Nate McLouth
18
21%
Jacoby Ellsbury
12
14%
Ryan Ludwick
0
No votes
Bobby Abreu
24
28%
Hunter Pence
1
1%
Jermaine Dye
1
1%
 
Total votes : 85

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:54 pm

I have Hart, McLouth, Victorino, Ellsbury, Abreu, and Maggs ranked nearly the same. I would draft any of them in the 5th round. Who you choose really depends on your needs at that point in the draft.
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6487
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby The Artful Dodger » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Interesting to see Abreu way out in front. While it's true Scioscia can green-light him more, it would be optimistic to think he can steal over 25 bases, 30 tops. Also, the Big A isn't a great park for lefties in terms of hitting homeruns.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21923
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:02 pm

It is interesting to see Abreu out in front, but maybe 5 or 6 posts for him. In what areas does the move to the LAA improve his stats?
I like him here, but am looking for some other opinions.
Image
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3412
(Past Year: 67)
Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Don't call it a comeback.

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby rotoquest » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:28 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:It is interesting to see Abreu out in front, but maybe 5 or 6 posts for him. In what areas does the move to the LAA improve his stats?
I like him here, but am looking for some other opinions.


I'm not sure that he needs to improve his stats with the move to LAA, but just maintain close to what he has done the past few years. I voted for abreau because he is a cagey veteran that can provide 5 categories in the 5-6 rounds.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1649
(Past Year: 193)
Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:14 pm

rotoquest wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:It is interesting to see Abreu out in front, but maybe 5 or 6 posts for him. In what areas does the move to the LAA improve his stats?
I like him here, but am looking for some other opinions.


I'm not sure that he needs to improve his stats with the move to LAA, but just maintain close to what he has done the past few years. I voted for abreau because he is a cagey veteran that can provide 5 categories in the 5-6 rounds.


4 categories really. He doesn't provide much relative to replacement level value in the HR cat.
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6487
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:55 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
rotoquest wrote:
DaShiz23 wrote:It is interesting to see Abreu out in front, but maybe 5 or 6 posts for him. In what areas does the move to the LAA improve his stats?
I like him here, but am looking for some other opinions.


I'm not sure that he needs to improve his stats with the move to LAA, but just maintain close to what he has done the past few years. I voted for abreau because he is a cagey veteran that can provide 5 categories in the 5-6 rounds.


4 categories really. He doesn't provide much relative to replacement level value in the HR cat.


But bringing up what you brought up earlier, it depends on where you're at in the draft at this time, what your team needs are. Most teams will have some power by this time and will be focusing more on sure bets and balance by this time of the draft.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby auclairkeithbc » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:12 am

I think top 20 is probably enough for OF. There aren't too many guys to get really excited about left. We need to go to 30 with SPs though IMO.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3181
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby horatio » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:35 am

I''m going with McLouth here while holding out a prayer that Victorino or Ellsbury make it to me in the 6th.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 826
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 16 May 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:36 am

I'm going to write an article on OF tiers and so, I'm finding the vote-offs helpful also. Personally, I'd want to see a top 25 in light of the OF on the board being closely valued.
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21923
(Past Year: 660)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Downloading rice

Re: FBC Community Top 20 OF - Vote #19

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:04 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'm going to write an article on OF tiers and so, I'm finding the vote-offs helpful also. Personally, I'd want to see a top 25 in light of the OF on the board being closely valued.


Sounds good to me! Are we doing other positions too, or just OF and SP? :-?
Image
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7201
(Past Year: 12)
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Guardedly optimistic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact