100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Passing a Drug Test

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Passing a Drug Test

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:15 pm

CadensDad wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
knapplc wrote:Five pages talking about how to do something illegal and get away with it. ;-D

We should expand upon this. Start a thread about steroids or something. O:-)

Steroids? whats that

I think you get em from heavy lifting....they have a cream for it.
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFootball Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:16 pm

jlm53089 wrote:Weed will never be legalized until they find a way to test while driving.
It is still a DUI but there is no sure fire way to test for it.

it's pretty much legalized in few states (yes i know federally no-no) via prescription. i've had my prescription for 3 yrs, allows me to grow 2 plants, buy 2 ounces max per day :-b , etc. and it's ridiculously easy to get prescriptions.

i don't see why it's so important to test for driving, it doesn't affect your driving like alcohol does. in fact, the only way it would affect your driving negatively is if you are trying to hit a pipe while driving which would force you to take both hands off the wheel. otherwise, DUI with weed is not a big deal.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Metroid wrote:
knapplc wrote:
CadensDad wrote:

Very good point, I never thought of it that way, maybe we should find a test kit....

Yeah, that is a good point, and I don't think I've ever heard that brought up before. From a police point of view I can see that argument very clearly. I don't think that's why the legislators don't legalize it (fear and bias and ignorance come to mind), but it bears considering.

I've heard that argument before but I have to believe that they could come up with a way to test for a the level of THC in the body....to be able to tell if the driver had used recently. Either way it doesn't matter that's not the reason the wacky tobacky ain't legal.

From what I have heard that is one of the main reasons.
Taxing Mary how ever would make so much money for the government and country and put dealers out of business.
I dont see how they wont do it.
But in the end it comes down to, hey we said no this long why change.
The only person who could push for it would be Obama and that sadly would make or break his presidency so if he were to do it he would do it after re-election.
Granted it is being doing on a smaller level, state by state... see Colorado.
There are some states that just wont do it.
It always being classified as a drug is hurting its case too, it comes from the ground just like tobacco but tobacco has so many additives that it is sickening, while weed many people can grow for their own personal use.

Has anyone heard of this tobacco tax?
That a box of cigars and a carton of cigarettes are supposed to cost 40 dollars more than they do now.
My accounting teacher brought this up but I have not heard anything about it, anyone else?
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:21 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:Weed will never be legalized until they find a way to test while driving.
It is still a DUI but there is no sure fire way to test for it.

it's pretty much legalized in few states (yes i know federally no-no) via prescription. i've had my prescription for 3 yrs, allows me to grow 2 plants, buy 2 ounces max per day :-b , etc. and it's ridiculously easy to get prescriptions.

i don't see why it's so important to test for driving, it doesn't affect your driving like alcohol does. in fact, the only way it would affect your driving negatively is if you are trying to hit a pipe while driving which would force you to take both hands off the wheel. otherwise, DUI with weed is not a big deal.

i have quite a bit of experience driving while high (well not anymore), and i believe that i drove capably and that it's easier to drive while high than drunk, but in no way would i claim it had no effect on my skills, and it's going to effect different people in different ways...especially when you have a group of people in the car with you to get distracted (not to mention when you have to pass to someone in the back seat)

now if you want a real challenge, try driving on LSD
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby jlm53089 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Driving is impaired just as much as talking on a cell phone.
Cell phones and texting are bigger deals, but still having a drug in your system weather it be Mary, Columbian Nose Candy, or Shrooms, it all has an effect.
While billboards look funnier while high, all it takes is one misstep and the quick blame would fall onto Weed, not the person driving.

As Americans we tend to learn to blame others but ourselves.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:27 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:now if you want a real challenge, try driving on LSD

Or nitrous. :-S
Metroid
Hall of Fame Hero