Passing a Drug Test - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Passing a Drug Test

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Passing a Drug Test

Postby RyanK » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:36 pm

So I got a call today for an interview this Tuesday, there is a drug screening, which as of now I would not pass. Im pretty sure that I wont be tested tuesday, only, if/when I get the gig. Curious if anyone here has had about a week to clean out their system and passed a drug test.

Ive been looking online and basically is drink tons of water and exercise to sweat it out...

curious if anyone has any tips or know of any food besides fruits that would help clean me out or maybe even mask a test?

also curious about the procedure for taking a drug test for a Job, as this is my first, and if they test for masking agents because my friend gave me a pill from GNC but doesnt know the name Just said he took it and passed his a few months back.
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Passing a Drug Test

Postby phillyphan12 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:54 pm

I`m a senior in high school and most of my friends who get drug tested and believe they are going to fail because of smoking/steroids/etc. They just get urine from someone else who is clean...not quite sure if this is an option for you tho because its a job with people you don`t know as opposed to a school filled with friends.

Good luck ;-D
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:32 pm

Eat a lot of poppy seed bagels.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby RugbyD » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:01 am

depends on what you've got in you. My last drug test for a job was a hair test. There's nothing you can do about that in such a short time frame.

My understanding is that stuff that normally goes up your nose is out quicker than stuff that make music more interesting. I'm sure the internet is chock full of better resources than the Cafe though ;-)
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RyanK » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:13 am

RugbyD wrote:depends on what you've got in you. My last drug test for a job was a hair test. There's nothing you can do about that in such a short time frame.

My understanding is that stuff that normally goes up your nose is out quicker than stuff that make music more interesting. I'm sure the internet is chock full of better resources than the Cafe though ;-)

Yeah, im hoping its not a hair follicle test... but im concerned about the thc content in my body, which is a bit higher than michael phelps...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby ThatDude » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:11 am

A few things ---

The ONLY way to get THC out of your system is time. It's in your blood, hair, and stored in fat cells in your liver and kidneys and such. There's some masking agents that will work on some tests, depending on how specific those tests are designed to be, but in some cases, they also look for those masking agents and that can result in what is essentially a failed test.

If you smoke a lot like I do, (multiple times a day every day), then you probably won't be clean for around 2 months.
If you are more of a part-time, social-smoker kinda guy, that's gonna be about 10-20 days.
If you just took a couple hits a few days ago and hadn't smoked in months before that, you'll probably be clean by the weekend.

Everybody is a little bit different, so all of those are rough estimates. Your mileage may vary.

I get tested twice a year like clockwork, and I've passed a test after smoking a joint in the parking lot. Here's how :

Get some clean piss from a friend that doesn't do anything they will be looking for.
Put that in a little baggy or something that won't leak.
Tape it to the inside of your thigh as high up into the grundle as you can tolerate, the higher the better. (You can't submit some room-temperature urine and expect to get away with it)
Get into a stall and put the contents into the test cup.

I've passed 6 straight tests with that strategy. It's not exactly a day at the beach, but it's better than getting fired, and it's better than not smoking.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:54 am

WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!1111!!!SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby phillyphan12 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:13 am

I believe ouir friend RyanK just posted in the I`m Drunk thread...Way to go dude :-P
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ThatDude » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 am

AussieDodger wrote:WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!1111!!!SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!

I love children. They are my best customers.
Sometimes it takes a crazy person to see the truth. If so, I'm a freaking lunatic.
ThatDude
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 am

ThatDude wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:WOULD SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!1111!!!SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!

I love children.

Mr Jackson I presume? :-?

Alfie? :-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Next

Return to General Talk