Please rate my Yahoo! League (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please rate my Yahoo! League (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please rate my Yahoo! League (WHIR)

Postby jmurphy_j » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:32 pm

I'm in a standard 12-team, 5x5 league. This is my team (I have included the round I drafted them next to each player):

c) Napoli (15)
1B) Teixeira (2)
2B) Alexei Ramirez (5)
3B) Huff (8)
SS) M. Young (7)
OF) Sizemore (1)
OF) Holliday (3)
OF) Ethier (11)
Util) Delgado (14)

SP) Webb (4)
SP) Haren (6)
SP) Shields (10)
SP) Grienke (12)

RP) Soria (9)
RP) Capps (13)

B) Loney (16)
B) Ankiel (17)
B) Weeks (18)
B) Crisp (19)
B) Jurjens (20)
B) Meche (21)

I have to give credit to the other managers in the league, because there are very slim pickings available on the waiver wire...certainly nobody I want to waste my waiver priority on by picking them up.

I know Huff isn't ideal at 3rd, but I think he is servicable. My main concern is with my 3rd outfielder and Util. positions (Ethier and Delgaro). I think at least one player from the group Ethier, Delgado, Loney, Ankiel, Crisp and Weeks will step up and have a solid year, but I am still nervous.

All input is welcome, but my main question is whether or not I should try to trade one of my starting pitchers for another bat?

Of course, I Will Help in Return! Just post a link to your team team or question with your response. Thanks in advance!!!
jmurphy_j
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Please rate my Yahoo! League (WHIR)

Postby theinflatinator91 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Great pitching decent offense.

I agree another big bat would be ideal.

If I were you I would package Webb with Ethier or one of your bench guys. Look for a team with a guy like Edison Volquez who is lacking a stud ace, and has a hitter to offer. You may be able to trade Webb and Ethier to a team that has really weak pitching. I like Jurjens, and think you may even be able to trade Shields. Dont do anything too crazy though...

If you can find a team with a Volquez, Billingsley, or Ervin Santana type pitcher, and a lesser pitcher like Jurjens, and a great OF like Ordonez, you may be able to pull something off.

Again dont get too crazy!

Good Luck.

viewtopic.php?t=367678
theinflatinator91
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:38 pm

Huff may not be an ideal 3rd basemen but you can do far worse. Huff is a second half machine, I hear a lot about last season being a fluke but if you look at his long term stats it was very typical of him. Delgado is just about done and I find him ranked far too high for my liking by sites like Yahoo and CBS Sportsline, but i personally rate Loney higher than Votto so he'll be a nice player to slide in to that utility spot when you find Delgado isn't getting the job done. I also think that Alexei Ramirez is being over-valued based on half a season, but with 2nd base being a bit of a cesspool after the top 4 are gone it doesn't hurt to take some chances. The only think that really stands out is your lack of a solid third OF. Ethier won't cut it and seems destined to become a #4 OF. He only has a starting job because the Dodgers are weak in the OF themselves. Try picking up Travis Snider or Matt Joyce as fliers for a nice season (both would do less damage to your BA than Ankiel). I would also recommend Nick Hundley at Catcher if the pickings are slim. I would be cautious of a Napoli/Mathis platoon again.
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby Kimbos Beard » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:21 pm

I do like your team it has potential. I think you probably should explore moving one of your pitchers for some more offense. One of the things I noticed was a lack of speed on your starting lineup besides Sizemore.

I would explore moving Haren Shields or Grienke. In a 12 team those starters should be able to get you back the solid outfielder/Util guy you need. And you will still hvae Webb in your back pocket.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team