Top Rotations - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top Rotations

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top Rotations

Postby evilempire2 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:30 pm

mweir145 wrote:My guess is that he put the Red Sox high because they actually have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball.

not the best, no way
evilempire2
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby B-Chad » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 am

evilempire2 wrote:
mweir145 wrote:My guess is that he put the Red Sox high because they actually have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball.

not the best, no way

First off reading comprehension is very important on these message boards. Second off, reasoning behind why they aren't the best rotation in baseball or reasoning as to why the Yankees "can't possibly be ranked out of the top 5" will help further these blanket statements. I see you don't have many posts, so just to give you some advice, especially in the leftovers forum, if you want to gain any credibility posting add some statistics/reasoning to your argument because otherwise you'll just look like a "evil empire" homer. Not meant as a personal attack (though I'm sure it comes off that way), but blanket statements such as "team x is the best, and that is all there is to it' don't help to further debate.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bloody Sox » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:38 am

evilempire2 wrote:

not the best, no way

Uh, "one of the best" is not the same thing as "the best". I don't know how you could think that a rotation with Beckett, Lester, and Dice-K as the top 3, with Wakefield, Penny, Smoltz, and Bucchholz as possible 4-5 options is not ONE OF the best (just as I think that the Yankees have ONE OF the best rotations).
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers