Back to give this place a second shot - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Back to give this place a second shot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Back to give this place a second shot

Postby Yoda » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:15 pm

Kraftwerk wrote:
CadensDad wrote:I don't think Bonds is anymore of a lie and cheat than the other MLB players.

Neither do I, but perjury is something that not all others have been charged with.

There are plenty of players, coaches, league officials, COMMISH, owners etc that deviated from the path of integrity. A cheat, is a cheat, is a cheat regardless of what position he holds in the sport.

Whilst those players were wrong for doing what they did, it amazes and annoys me that the some tainted owners dare to sit and preach.....see Hicks, Tom. Just as it amazes me that A-Rod ares to dismiss Canseco with a laughing (paraphrase) " I dont think anybody beleives anythign he says"...really, most of what he has written has come to be proven, more so than A Rods partial admittance after being outed.

I think most people with a level headed approach know what went on, and the court of public opinion will pass its own verdict regardless of legal outcomes, or lack thereof.

I dont need a legal conviction to be confident in telling my kids/grandkids that certain names are tainted and shouldnt be trusted. Don't believe me? Would you let Michael Jackson babysit your kids? :-o

So how much does Arod charge to babysit your kids?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tenacious D-Store » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:50 pm

Madison wrote:
Tenacious D-Store wrote:
Madison wrote:
Umm... no, that wasn't it. Your yellow card is for a post you put up advertising another site. We keep good records here and all posts are kept intact in case anything ever needs review down the road (this is a perfect example of why we keep all posts intact).

Interesting that you left here over an issue and then wound up having another issue on another site though. :-?

Regardless, welcome back and hopefully things will go better this time around. ;-D

I have the PM in my mailbox in regards to the Bonds comment. So if you keep such good records than lets see that post. I do not spam and I take offense to your accusation. Your comment on the "issue" in regards to the other site is also in poor taste since you have no information on that. I happen to think that admins who resort to name calling when addressing other members as well as taking part in flame wars is ridiculous and I choose not to be a part of that staff.

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I looked at it a bit more. I recognized your name, so that was either really good, or really bad with as long as you've been gone. So I dug a little bit deeper since you insisted.

You got a warning for a Bonds/Sosa/steroids/corked bat post on Monday, April 30th, 2007. On Tuesday, May 1st (the next day), after discussing it with the Mod that gave it to you, I overrode the decision and removed that card. So no, you're not lugging around a card for a Bonds/Sosa post.

As to what I mentioned before, my apologies. You're right, you didn't spam. I read the report incorrectly, partly due to the coding used, but I know about the coding and I still blew it, no excuses. You quoted a spammer and I stopped reading the report as soon as I saw the links. It was an image you posted directed towards a spammer below what you quoted (which only showed a link in the report and not the image, I had to dig up the post itself) that got you the card you have. I can PM you the post if you like, complete with the image, but I cannot post the image here because of the language used in it. "Spam fairy" might trigger your memory though.

So hopefully that clears the air on that a bit.

And as to your "poor taste" comment, it's a heck of a way to come back and start claiming things that aren't true in an attempt to make the site look bad. So between that and your coming back post, I found it interesting that you had problems here and left, and then had problems on another site and left there as well. And if me saying that's "interesting" is a problem, well, you're the one who brought it up, so I can only imagine you wanted someone to comment or else that information never would have been mentioned. Meh, *yawn*, boring stuff, not a big deal. So regardless, as I said earlier, hopefully things will go better this time around. ;-D

The Spam Fairy, yes I do remember that. My vigilante spam fighting photos. I have quite the collection of those. A year and a half is a long time, I had previously forgotten about that. I looked back through my own mail box as well. I was given a second one for a Bond comment which was removed by another mod, and the one I am still toting around was because my spam fairy photo contained an F-Bomb. I certainly had no intentions of trying to make the site look bad, although my Bonds warning claim was true the entire site cannot be faulted for one over-zealous mod. As for the other site, I am still an active member there and on good terms with the staff. I simply disagree with the direction in which the site is heading and since it is bound to crash and burn the way so many other sports forums have recently if they do not start respecting all members equally, I don't want my name or my writing associated with them at this time. So I came here almost hoping for an offer that someone would offer me a place to publish my column (but I don't want to jump to soon). I've actually been a member there for nearly 7 years. OK, now that we've cleared that up. Let's move on. It's not a big issue. I came here to talk baseball. ;-D
Last edited by Tenacious D-Store on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tenacious D-Store
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Web Supporter

Postby phillyphan12 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Glad to see you guys have cleared the air...All that`s left is to give each other a nice big hug :-D
phillyphan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RyanK » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:44 pm

no instigatin' though....

RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby CadensDad » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:36 pm

phillyphan12 wrote:Glad to see you guys have cleared the air...All that`s left is to give each other a nice big hug :-D

We'll leave the hugging up to you

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Inukchuk » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:14 pm

This is the lamest thread ever. You guys should check out the nannerpuss one. ;-D
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Madison » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Tenacious D-Store wrote:OK, now that we've cleared that up. Let's move on. It's not a big issue. I came here to talk baseball. ;-D

Sounds good to me. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to General Talk