good draft ranking list/yahoo undervalued players? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

good draft ranking list/yahoo undervalued players?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

good draft ranking list/yahoo undervalued players?

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm a basketball guy who played in my first standard yahoo roto league last year and won thanks to autodrafting pretty closely to matt berry's list (who knew!?! he's a pretty lousy basketball analyst!) and a decently managed team. And I got Josh Hamilton around the 10th round, which helped. I am going to do an autodraft league and I am hoping to get some pointers from you true baseball heads.

Are there any good ranking lists out there that I should base my autodraft order on? Who's a good bargain with yahoo right now based on their O-Rank? Any help appreciated!
TheJordanRulz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: good draft ranking list/yahoo undervalued players?

Postby swyck » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Whatever you use for ranking, I'd compare that to the ADP to find value picks. If you have someone projected at 8th round value, and you see he's being drafted in the 12th, that's undervalued and you can target him in the 9th or later.

Excellent ADP thread here. ;-D

viewtopic.php?t=364592

I imported that list into Excel so I could filter by position. Gives me a good overview on where players are going and how I can tier them.

For example it looks like 8 2b are going in the first 8 rounds, and then none until the 12th. So in a 12 team league 3 quarter of all teams will have their 2b taken by the 9th. If you didn't get one of them, you don't have to worry about it until later. It'll also tell you if you want to reach, when you need to do it, or if you would be satisfied with one of the later picks. Me I'm not a real big fan of Uggla with his low avg (ADP 6.74), or the inconsistent Cano (7.76). If I want a top 2b I've got to make my move by the 4th or 5th or I'm out. At that point I'd probably wait for Kelly Johnson in the 14th or make do with whoever is left.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: good draft ranking list/yahoo undervalued players?

Postby TheJordanRulz » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:53 pm

thx man, i appreciate it
TheJordanRulz
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Basketball

Return to Baseball Leftovers