I think Yahoo caught up on the KEEPER thing!!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I think Yahoo caught up on the KEEPER thing!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I think Yahoo caught up on the KEEPER thing!!!!!

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:54 am

Baseball Plus...

I just signed up for Baseball Plus again and as Commish I am probing around the Commissioner Tools. There is a liknk for the Keeper option and I see I can pick a player, assign him to an owner and THEN SELECT A ROUND!!! In the past Yahoo could only assign keepers from round 1 on. So if you kept a 15th rounder named Ryan Braun your keeper round would be 1-6 (if you kept 6). Now you can make him a 15th rounder, or lower if you do the decreasing value thing over time.

This is huge...
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Re: I think Yahoo caught up on the KEEPER thing!!!!!

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:16 pm

Yahoo hasn't made any changes in their game in the last five years. Just ask the guys in all the other Yahoo threads :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 pm

This thread will probably be of interest to you. Enjoy...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby mak1277 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Maybe already been asked, but can you assign keepers in a league with an offline draft? I would really like to be able to assign keepers before the draft starts so that everyone can go to one place and see it (besides an excel document).
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 5)

Postby daullaz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:20 pm

mak1277 wrote:Maybe already been asked, but can you assign keepers in a league with an offline draft? I would really like to be able to assign keepers before the draft starts so that everyone can go to one place and see it (besides an excel document).

I believed it was answered in another thread and he said, "Not yet." So I would look for it next year.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:32 pm

daullaz wrote:
mak1277 wrote:Maybe already been asked, but can you assign keepers in a league with an offline draft? I would really like to be able to assign keepers before the draft starts so that everyone can go to one place and see it (besides an excel document).

I believed it was answered in another thread and he said, "Not yet." So I would look for it next year.

Yup. It is a case that slipped through the cracks, and currently isn't supported. Likely will be at some point in the future, but probably not this season.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby Yoda » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:39 pm

You can do this offline. Just enter the keepers on each team but DO NOT begin the season. Just save it and you can see it under Draft Results.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Y`s Guy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Yoda wrote:

You can do this offline. Just enter the keepers on each team but DO NOT begin the season. Just save it and you can see it under Draft Results.

I would agree. It looks like guys can be slotted right now.
My Friendliness bar...recently shrunk from 11.3 to 10mm long!!
Y`s Guy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 275)
Location: If you're reading this then there's a good chance that I'm with your girlfriend.

Postby garf112 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:26 pm

you can't change the draft order and it is always snaking, but other than that at least you can input guys and save them and they show up in the draft results this year. last year you could save them, but they wouldn't show up for the league.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Yoda » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:42 pm

garf112 wrote:you can't change the draft order and it is always snaking, but other than that at least you can input guys and save them and they show up in the draft results this year. last year you could save them, but they wouldn't show up for the league.

I've been running a keeper league on Yahoo for years and it always worked the same. You can changed the draft order so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers