Established 16 team AL/NL, 5X5, non-keeper league openings.. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Established 16 team AL/NL, 5X5, non-keeper league openings..

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Established 16 team AL/NL, 5X5, non-keeper league openings..

Postby Paul G. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:22 am

The economy has struck the Rourke Fantasy Baseball League. I have at least 2 openings and will probably have another 1-2.

Live draft (late March) at a day/time that works for all owners (been able to do this every year so far). $125 entry, all paid out. Hosted on Yahoo.

If interested in more information, please let me know.

Thanks.

Paul
Paul G.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Established 16 team AL/NL, 5X5, non-keeper league openings..

Postby new york dork » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Can you send me more info on the league?

richardvallejo@msn.com
new york dork
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Iggy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:06 pm

I might be interested as well but need more info on league such as roster sizes and settings, daily vs weekly transactions, any max on transactions or trades
Iggy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 58)

Postby Paul G. » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:31 pm

Here is the league constitution from last year. It will be updated for 2009, but the rules will be the same.

Paul

Mr. Rourke’s Fantasy Baseball League Constitution -- 2008

1. Each team is made up of a maximum of 29 players; 23 Active players, 6 Reserve players (any position or player is eligible including minor leagues and DL), and 5 Disabled List slots. Players eligibility for DL/IL status will be determined automatically by the Yahoo Fantasy Baseball website, and will only allow such players to be placed on the DL.

2. An active roster consists of 2 catchers, 1 first baseman, 1 second baseman, 1 shortstop, 1 third baseman, 1 middle infielder (2B or SS), 1 corner infielder (1B or 3B), 5 outfielders, 1 designated hitter or utility player, and 9 pitchers (starting or relief).

3. Players can be from the American or National League or any minor league (stats from only Major League games count). Multiple eligibility is allowed and is determined by Yahoo.

4. Trading is permissible from Draft Day through July 27, 2008. Although the commissioner retains veto power on trades, responsibility for fair-trading is up to the owners involved. A commissioner veto will only be considered if the trade is vetoed by at least three owners (other than the commissioner) and is deemed to be grossly one-sided by the commissioner. After the All-Star break, extra attention will be focused on trades involving lower-ranking teams in the standings. The commissioner can veto a trade on his own in these late-season deals if a lower-ranking team appears to be “dumping.”

5. All transactions are free of charge. Each team is allowed 40 free agent/waiver acquisitions. Daily transactions are allowed as well. Waived players go thru an automatic waiver process by Yahoo, and can be claimed by teams after the waiver process is over. Waiver rankings change based on a team’s waiver usage, i.e. when a team claims a player on waivers, that team’s ranking automatically drops to the bottom of the list. If more than one team claims a player on waivers, he automatically goes to the team with the higher ranking.

6. Each offensive position on your roster is limited to 162 games played. Because we start two catchers, your limit is 324 games played – five outfielders = 810 games played. Your entire pitching staff can only accumulate 1500 innings pitched for the entire season. Once the limit is reached at any position, stats for that position will cease to accumulate for the remainder of the season. There is no provision to delete innings or games played.

7. Cumulative team performance is tabulated in 5 batting and 5 pitching categories:

• Composite batting average (AVG)
• Total home runs (HR)
• Total runs batted in (RBI)
• Total stolen bases (SB)
• Runs Scored (R)
• Composite earned run average (ERA)
• Total wins (W)
• Total saves (SV)
• Total Strikeouts (K’s)
• (Walks + Hits) / Innings Pitched (WHIP)

8. Teams are ranked from first to last in each of the 10 categories. In a 16-team league, the 1st place team in each of the categories receives 16 points; the 2nd place team receives 15 points, etc. The team with the most cumulative points wins 1st Place, the team with the second most cumulative points wins 2nd place, etc. Overall winners will be determined by final season standings (cumulative statistics from the entire regular season of Major League Baseball – Post-season stats and/or single game playoffs do not count in the accumulation of stats).

9. Tie Breakers: In cases of ties in an individual category, the tied teams are assigned points by totaling points for the rankings at issue and dividing the total by the number of teams tied. In cases of ties in total points, final places in the standings are determined by comparing placement of teams in individual categories. A point is given to each team declared the winner. Should the point totals still be equal – the tie is broken by adding each team’s total at-bats with triple the number of innings pitched (AB + [IP x 3]). The team that scores a higher total is the winner.

10. Fees are as follows: Entry Fee (Prize Money) - $125 per team.

11. Prize money.

Any administrative fees will be deducted and paid to the person who took on the expense (i.e. the commissioner pays for the stat service out of his own pocket). The remaining funds go into the Prize Pool to be distributed as follows:

• 50% for 1st place
• 20% for 2nd place
• 15% for 3rd place
• 10% for 4th place
• 5% for 5th place

12. All fees must be received by the commissioner before the draft starts.

13. No players may be retained by an owner for the following season.

14. The draft order will be randomly determined. Order is reversed for even-numbered rounds.

15. Any unforeseen disputes that arise during the season, that are not covered by this constitution in detail, will be handled by the commissioner and at least three other owners chosen at random.
Paul G.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Highlander » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:49 am

Is the live draft done in person or on line? If in person where are you located? I am interested in your league. I have been playing fantasy baseball since 1991 and while I currently run a league, I would like to be a part of a second league.
Highlander
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Paul G. » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:30 am

The draft is online (Yahoo) and will be scheduled at a time that works for everyone.

Paul
Paul G.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Paul G. » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:03 pm

bump
Paul G.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Paul G. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:30 am

One spot left.............
Paul G.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Paul G. » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:32 pm

Thought I had a full boat but I lost someone today so I've got one last opening. The draft is March 26th at 8:30 PM ET. Draft order will be drawn within a week. Please email me if interested. Thanks.

Paul
pgranholm@cfl.rr.com
Paul G.
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds