ideas on MiLB draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ideas on MiLB draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ideas on MiLB draft?

Postby Moose on the loose » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:13 am

Hello Everyone,
I'm in the midst of rebuilding a second year, 12 team, H2H keeper league (the old commish went MIA...) and we're currently doing our minor league draft (slow, online, snake) through proboards (we use ESPN as our league page). The original commish used this setup so I kept it and modified it slightly. I put a 24 clock rule in place to ensure that each time has a fair chance of making a pick when its their turn but I encourage managers to pick ASAP and have prerankings done to speed things up. We also have major league caps (AB and IP') to designate between minor and major leaguers. There were quite a few replacement managers so I allowed teams to keep 3 (of 5) current minor leaguers... if less than 3 were kept those teams were given supplementary picks at the end of rounds 2, 3 and 1 to compensate them and give them the chance to personalize their teams.

Anyways I was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions on a better/ more efficient way of doing a minor league draft? There has got to be some software or site that is set up for minor league fantasy drafts. I'd like to keep it free if possible but would be willing to pay a small fee if the serive was worth it.
Moose on the loose
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ideas on MiLB draft?

Postby aplviper » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:47 pm

I don't know of any sites, but you could set a draft time and use a Google spreadsheet. That would allow everyone to type their pick into the spreadsheet and would go much faster. In one of my leagues, we use a Google sheet for out regular draft as well.
aplviper
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner