FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

#17

Zack Greinke
16
15%
Edinson Volquez
3
3%
Francisco Liriano
35
33%
John Lester
9
8%
Daisuke Matsuzaka
7
7%
Carlos Zambrano
3
3%
AJ Burnett
7
7%
Yovani Gallardo
10
9%
Cliff Lee
17
16%
Other (please specify)
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 107

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby Neato Torpedo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:30 pm

After his first 3 MLB starts in '08, Liriano had an 8-game stretch where he posted rates of 1.57/0.98 with 44 K's in 51 2/3 IP. Apart from those three starts, he posted a line of 2.74/1.19/60 in 65 2/3 IP. Small sample size, sure . But encouraging.
Image

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
Posts: 8618
Joined: 4 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: we don't burn gasoline, we burn our dreams

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby kab21 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:38 pm

hybrid wrote:BTW just don't get the Liriano love, he has had 2 or 3 very serious injuries to his arm, yet your trusting him this high? He also has yet to prove anything over a full season.


Where did you rank Kazmir out of curiosity? Alot of your complaints about Liriano are similar to Kazmir with similar upside.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5320
(Past Year: 182)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby hybrid » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 pm

kab21 wrote:
hybrid wrote:BTW just don't get the Liriano love, he has had 2 or 3 very serious injuries to his arm, yet your trusting him this high? He also has yet to prove anything over a full season.


Where did you rank Kazmir out of curiosity? Alot of your complaints about Liriano are similar to Kazmir with similar upside.


He's one of the guys I was talking about when I'd say I'd take Greinke over. Kazmir is what he is, I haven't seen any real growth in him as a pitcher ... though that's not to say it can't happen as he is still young. But yea injuries and his pitches last year just weren't nearly as sharp, I'm a bit worried about him as a Rays fan. To me Greinke is a superior pitcher, really the only fall back on him is the whole mental issue but I think it's resolved as of now.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby kab21 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:19 pm

hybrid wrote:
He's one of the guys I was talking about when I'd say I'd take Greinke over. Kazmir is what he is, I haven't seen any real growth in him as a pitcher ... though that's not to say it can't happen as he is still young. But yea injuries and his pitches last year just weren't nearly as sharp, I'm a bit worried about him as a Rays fan. To me Greinke is a superior pitcher, really the only fall back on him is the whole mental issue but I think it's resolved as of now.


I only asked because I thought there was going to be a revolt on here by the Kazmir fans (similar to the Ervin dissension) and I see Liriano as a very similar pitcher from a fantasy perspective. Top 5 upside with durability/injury/consistency issues.

Greinke is next for me after Liriano. I'm a big fan.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5320
(Past Year: 182)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:25 pm

I went Lester, but I nearly went Liriano. I guess I balked because of the possible risk.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby auclairkeithbc » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:45 am

bump.

also, we should do 30 SP.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3181
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:33 am

You guys have a collective Greinke boner for some reason. He's good but he's being significantly overhyped IMO. I'd probably take him 7th or 8th out of the pitchers listed in the poll.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tri-State Area

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby auclairkeithbc » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:47 pm

this one can be called. no one can catch liriano by 80 votes.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3181
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby kab21 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Trojan Pony wrote:You guys have a collective Greinke boner for some reason. He's good but he's being significantly overhyped IMO. I'd probably take him 7th or 8th out of the pitchers listed in the poll.


Please explain. He's got 8.1 K/9 with 2.5 BB/9 and had a 3.56 FIP. He also didn't have any of the luck factors (HR/FB, BAPIP, LOB%) that accounted for his stats. And he's a lower injury risk than most of the pitchers on the list.

I would love to hear your argument against Greinke and see what I'm missing on him.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5320
(Past Year: 182)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: FBC Community Top 20 Ranking - SP Rank #17

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:00 pm

kab21 wrote:
Trojan Pony wrote:You guys have a collective Greinke boner for some reason. He's good but he's being significantly overhyped IMO. I'd probably take him 7th or 8th out of the pitchers listed in the poll.


Please explain. He's got 8.1 K/9 with 2.5 BB/9 and had a 3.56 FIP. He also didn't have any of the luck factors (HR/FB, BAPIP, LOB%) that accounted for his stats. And he's a lower injury risk than most of the pitchers on the list.

I would love to hear your argument against Greinke and see what I'm missing on him.


HE PLAYZ ON A BAD TEEM AND WONT GET NE WINZ
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14132
(Past Year: 453)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact