Could the Royals win the AL Central? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Could the Royals win the AL Central?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Could the Royals win the AL Central?

Postby Old_Style » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:06 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:
Old_Style wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:Short Answer: No

Winner of the Division: Chicago White Sox

Put it on the board. ;-D

I literally just threw my beer at the wall!! I'm gonna hear that stupid announcer all nite! That POS needs to retire from broadcasting and disappear.

Mercy!
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Captain Jack Sparrow » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:20 am

J35J wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:You must have missed the part where their new GM makes really terrible decisions and signs below-average players to absurd contracts. :-D

I've got no problem with Moore....actually I like him.

With that said, 3rd place is as high as my expectations go this year. :,-(

3rd place!? If I'm a Royals fan, I'm throwing a parade for 3rd. Which two teams are they better than?
Captain Jack Sparrow
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CadensDad » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:36 am

I dont think the Royals have a big chance to win, but there is a chance considering they bad division

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby HasteTheDay » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:25 am

It seems there is ALWAYS speculation about the Royals at the start of every season.

They're going to turn in the same garbage to mediocre performance they do every year.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby silverZ » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:35 am

Could the Royals win the AL Central?

No, no they could not. Thread over.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:39 am

Where is Tavish?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby J35J » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:08 am

Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:
J35J wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:You must have missed the part where their new GM makes really terrible decisions and signs below-average players to absurd contracts. :-D

3rd place!? If I'm a Royals fan, I'm throwing a parade for 3rd. Which two teams are they better than?

I said 3rd is as high as I could expect....not saying they will finish third. It will have more to do with the other teams falling on their face than the Royals winning anything more than 75-78 games.....see the Tigers last year.

The thing with the Royals is all about where they came from....nobody realizes what kind of shape our whole organization was in the last decade plus...

Moore came in and pretty much doubled the number of scouts we have and reworked our whole minor league system....this is the key to everything right now. There is no signings we can do that will guarantee us consistant high finishes so the Jacobs/Guillen types are just here as stop gaps and proven bats to help us stay afloat until the Moustakas, Hosmer, Melville, etc of the world show up. This will take longer than 3 years to turn around. I couldn't be more excited about where the Royals organization is headed with Moore at the top. 90% of the focus has been on the minor leauges and getting that to respectability or better than respectablility becaue if we plan to win on any kind of consistant basis it will all start with our minor leagues. I think we showed that importance last year when we spent more than anyone in the draft last year and argueable had the BEST draft out of any organization last year. People just don't truely realize how bad of an organization we were before Moore got here and the major league team was only a small part of the problem. I can't wait to see what Moore does with a couple more years and a couple more drafts under his belt.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:22 am

Old_Style wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:Short Answer: No

Winner of the Division: Chicago White Sox

Put it on the board. ;-D

yup. ;-D
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CadensDad » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:37 pm

J35J wrote:
J35J wrote:

I said 3rd is as high as I could expect....not saying they will finish third. It will have more to do with the other teams falling on their face than the Royals winning anything more than 75-78 games.....see the Tigers last year.

The thing with the Royals is all about where they came from....nobody realizes what kind of shape our whole organization was in the last decade plus...

Moore came in and pretty much doubled the number of scouts we have and reworked our whole minor league system....this is the key to everything right now. There is no signings we can do that will guarantee us consistant high finishes so the Jacobs/Guillen types are just here as stop gaps and proven bats to help us stay afloat until the Moustakas, Hosmer, Melville, etc of the world show up. This will take longer than 3 years to turn around. I couldn't be more excited about where the Royals organization is headed with Moore at the top. 90% of the focus has been on the minor leauges and getting that to respectability or better than respectablility becaue if we plan to win on any kind of consistant basis it will all start with our minor leagues. I think we showed that importance last year when we spent more than anyone in the draft last year and argueable had the BEST draft out of any organization last year. People just don't truely realize how bad of an organization we were before Moore got here and the major league team was only a small part of the problem. I can't wait to see what Moore does with a couple more years and a couple more drafts under his belt.

I agree, the minors are going to be the mlb soona nd the Royals look good in that area

“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:20 pm

J35J wrote:

What teams were the Rays considered better than in February of '08?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers