2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:41 am

AussieDodger wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
colt4523 wrote:Shouldn't Ryan's status be adjusted to shaky? I would not consider him rock solid anymore.


Well, if he's healthy or close to healthy then he's closing no matter what. He has a track reocrd that preceed's himself and just because his fastball is 2 mph lower than it should be won't be a big deal imo. Downs may seem some time as Ryan gets more strecthed out but he'll close if he's even close to healthy.


And they're paying Ryan 6 trillion dollars. ;-D

Agreed.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby Havok1517 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:45 am

Who will be 1st closer to lose their job?
Poll ended at Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:41 am

Brandon Lyon (Det) 57 Votes 19%
Chad Qualls (Ari) 14 Votes 5%
Troy Percival (TB) 48 Votes 16%
Trevor Hoffman (Mil) 18 Votes 6%
Joel Hanrahan (Was) 12 Votes 4%
George Sherrill (Bal) 139 Votes 46%
OTHER 11 Votes 4%
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8534
(Past Year: 138)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby NikkiSixx » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:30 am

Havok1517 wrote:Who will be 1st closer to lose their job?
Poll ended at Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:41 am

Brandon Lyon (Det) 57 Votes 19%
Chad Qualls (Ari) 14 Votes 5%
Troy Percival (TB) 48 Votes 16%
Trevor Hoffman (Mil) 18 Votes 6%
Joel Hanrahan (Was) 12 Votes 4%
George Sherrill (Bal) 139 Votes 46%
OTHER 11 Votes 4%


Thats funny. The season hasnt even started yet :)
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2587
(Past Year: 432)
Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 1st place!

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:17 am

NikkiSixx wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Who will be 1st closer to lose their job?
Poll ended at Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:41 am

Brandon Lyon (Det) 57 Votes 19%
Chad Qualls (Ari) 14 Votes 5%
Troy Percival (TB) 48 Votes 16%
Trevor Hoffman (Mil) 18 Votes 6%
Joel Hanrahan (Was) 12 Votes 4%
George Sherrill (Bal) 139 Votes 46%
OTHER 11 Votes 4%


Thats funny. The season hasnt even started yet :)


And Lyon is already out.
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby Trojan Pony » Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:21 am

tiggis wrote:I must have a head injury.. did a mod threaten to close this thread because I guy asked which closer was safer?

Because we had like 5 pages of two guys insulting each other and I never saw a mod say a word...

Just struck me as strange..

;-D
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tri-State Area

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:32 am

Trojan Pony wrote:
tiggis wrote:I must have a head injury.. did a mod threaten to close this thread because I guy asked which closer was safer?

Because we had like 5 pages of two guys insulting each other and I never saw a mod say a word...

Just struck me as strange..

;-D

;-D ;-D ;-D
Image
the awesome sig by soty


"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1849
Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby da bears » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:45 am

Has there been any word out of Tampa as to who would be closing if Percival were to miss some time? I'd assume Wheeler but Balfour was very solid last season and I see he is ahead of Wheeler on the front page. Is this speculation off of performance or did Madden say this?
da bears
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 339
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:19 am

da bears wrote:Has there been any word out of Tampa as to who would be closing if Percival were to miss some time? I'd assume Wheeler but Balfour was very solid last season and I see he is ahead of Wheeler on the front page. Is this speculation off of performance or did Madden say this?

This.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby dssguy99 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:00 am

Anyone know if Brandon Morrow is the confirmed closer for SEA this year?
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 720
Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread

Postby tiggis » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:31 am

dssguy99 wrote:Anyone know if Brandon Morrow is the confirmed closer for SEA this year?



The official site of the Seattle Mars has changed their webpage to show that the closer is indeed B.Morrow.


http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/team/de ... p?c_id=sea


* Side note.. I saw his changeup and it looked like it was on a string..
Fantasy Angel
Yes I am a southern girl.
Yes that is my photo,
Yes I can kick your butt in Fantasy Baseball,
Fantasy Angel's Sure Fire Breakout/Post Hype Player
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=404816
tiggis
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 184
Joined: 18 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Atlanta, Georiga

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact