2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:26 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Zumaya just isn't there yet mentally IMO.

I agree with that. Nothing I've seen from him makes me think Leyland would be comfortable going with him this year.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:27 pm

AussieDodger wrote:Also, Lyon would probably back up Rodney. Zumaya just can't throw strikes.

FTFY, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Maris09 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Zumaya just isn't there yet mentally IMO.

I agree with that. Nothing I've seen from him makes me think Leyland would be comfortable going with him this year.


I read somewhere that they have to keep reminding him to use his breaking pitches, and then he over-uses them and gets hammered.
If he can get his pitch strategy in order he will be a killer I think. ;-)
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 pm

my bad
Last edited by Maris09 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby AussieDodger » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Also, Lyon would probably back up Rodney. Zumaya just can't throw strikes.

FTFY, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1


ZOMG how rude I am leaving multiple swear words etc :-D

:-b
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 11363
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 22 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching?

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:30 pm

Maris09 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Also, Lyon would probably back up Rodney. Zumaya just can't throw strikes.

FTFY, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!1

Really though man, why do you have to be obnoxious every time I post on this board.
I took no offense to that. I was serious about find out what it meant/failing to be funny.

FTFY
Image
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5089
Joined: 29 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Alright I got it. My bad.

I am gonna post a cheat sheet though. :-b
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:43 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:Zumaya just isn't there yet mentally IMO.

I agree with that. Nothing I've seen from him makes me think Leyland would be comfortable going with him this year.


I read somewhere that they have to keep reminding him to use his breaking pitches, and then he over-uses them and gets hammered.
If he can get his pitch strategy in order he will be a killer I think. ;-)

He was throwing 102 MPH fastballs all over the place last time I watched him a few days ago. Had no idea where the strike zone was.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 322)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 pm

bigh0rt wrote:He was throwing 102 MPH fastballs all over the place last time I watched him a few days ago. Had no idea where the strike zone was.

I thought they had talked him into taking a little off his fastball and it was working for him?
What happened?
Last edited by Maris09 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2152
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 3 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Little Lee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:46 am

killertofu2222 wrote:if you can add him i would pick up madson to handcuff the saves coming out of philly.


Madson was terrible when he had the role while Lidge was on the DL. Unless Lidge goes back on the dl the Phillies will ride it out with him. I don't see any reason to handcuff Madson.
"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
Yogi Berra
Little Lee
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 380
Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact