2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Buckley » Sat May 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Lindstrom came in for a non-save situation, then gave up a run and created a save situation. It could be as simple as wanting to get someone a save. Nunez and Lindstrom are both righties, so it wasn't a L/R matchup sub.
Buckley
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rohan » Sat May 30, 2009 6:46 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
Crippler wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Is it time to drop Ziegler?

Last week was the time to drop Ziegler.

I wouldn't drop him if you don't have to. He is unlikely going to be the full time closer, but Bailey could mess things up for himself. Also, the plan might be to get Zeigler some saves. If you desperately need the roster spot, dump him I guess. If you can hold out a little while, then hold out.

I agree. Bailey did blow some games, and give up 4 or 6 earned runs in his last few appearances.
Rohan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dssguy99 » Sat May 30, 2009 7:34 pm

So are we saying its down to Wheeler or Choate for TB?
dssguy99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby auclairkeithbc » Sat May 30, 2009 9:25 pm

Rohan wrote:
auclairkeithbc wrote:
Crippler wrote:
Last week was the time to drop Ziegler.

I wouldn't drop him if you don't have to. He is unlikely going to be the full time closer, but Bailey could mess things up for himself. Also, the plan might be to get Zeigler some saves. If you desperately need the roster spot, dump him I guess. If you can hold out a little while, then hold out.

I agree. Bailey did blow some games, and give up 4 or 6 earned runs in his last few appearances.

well, you and the crippler can stay as ignorant as you want. but i would prefer to wait until someone officially loses his job before i dump him for some speculative free agent.

about 99% of the pitchers in this league haven't blown any saves and haven't given up 4 or 6 earned runs in their last few appearances. so the fact that player X is part of the 99% of pitchers who haven't, doesn't really prove anything.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby fezzik » Sat May 30, 2009 9:30 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
Rohan wrote:
auclairkeithbc wrote:I wouldn't drop him if you don't have to. He is unlikely going to be the full time closer, but Bailey could mess things up for himself. Also, the plan might be to get Zeigler some saves. If you desperately need the roster spot, dump him I guess. If you can hold out a little while, then hold out.

well, you and the crippler can stay as ignorant as you want. but i would prefer to wait until someone officially loses his job before i dump him for some speculative free agent.

about 99% of the pitchers in this league haven't blown any saves and haven't given up 4 or 6 earned runs in their last few appearances. so the fact that player X is part of the 99% of pitchers who haven't, doesn't really prove anything.

Woah there...he was agreeing with you. ;-D
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby auclairkeithbc » Sat May 30, 2009 9:41 pm

fezzik wrote:
auclairkeithbc wrote:
Rohan wrote:

Woah there...he was agreeing with you. ;-D

Hmmm. Well, I guess I misinterpreted that. Oh well. Sorry Rohan. You can add my post to the list of posts that make some people hate this thread.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedHopeful » Sat May 30, 2009 10:36 pm

Manager Fredi Gonzalez said he removed Lindstrom on Saturday because he had thrown 26 pitches and wanted to make sure he was available to pitch again on Sunday, if necessary.

Gonzalez said he has no intention of changing closers.

Miami Herald
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby racrzeke » Sat May 30, 2009 11:51 pm

Morrow didnt look so great in 1 inning tonight, even if he pitches decent how likely is it that he will take the job from Aardsma who is pretty solid right now?

And how much longer will the Angels hang with Fuentes? :-°
racrzeke
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers