2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby mobzz » Thu May 28, 2009 11:05 pm

I definitely find the complaining and policing posts waaaaay worse than the the game commentary. That can actually be pretty helpful in keeping ahead of the masses. Most of us aren't going through boxscores all night, so it helps when the guy watching his favorite team is chiming in about a 9th inning going badly. But the bitching about what posts are worth posting is useless.
mobzz
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fbc_fan » Thu May 28, 2009 11:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:am i the only one here who thinks the "common sense geniuses" and "thread cops" have ruined this thread? the intolerance and the bitching here is getting pathetic. does your higher level of proficiency give you the right to treat people like sh*t here? :-C

x2

This thread was classic before this year and now it's just childish. Bunch of freakin little girls. I rarely check in anymore. Too bad. Used to be one of the most valuable threads around here. :-C

isn't that the truth....
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Area51's » Thu May 28, 2009 11:27 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Want to point out preemptively that Jonathon Broxton is unavailable for the Dodgers tonight, who are up 2 - 1, after throwing 38 pitches yesterday. Troncoso pitched the 8th and looks to come back out for the 9th and the Save Op tonight.

Looks like Troncoso is gaining more and more of Torre's trust as the setup man to Brox. Despite 1 on 2nd with no outs in the ninth, and third base with one out, he was "wild enough to be effective!" Was worried about the wild pitch but it didn't happen. Had 2 on w/ no outs in the 8th, but Soriano chased tons of bad pitches, and then got the GIDP shortly after. With Cory Wade not quite there (he was pretty lucky all last year) and the rest of the bullpen a tad iffy, Troncoso could garner vulture saves, but as a dodger fan, I would really be sweating it if Brox went down for any length of time. A more patient offense might have fared a lot better tonight, especially since he had to get 6 outs.
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Thu May 28, 2009 11:56 pm

fbc_fan wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:am i the only one here who thinks the "common sense geniuses" and "thread cops" have ruined this thread? the intolerance and the bitching here is getting pathetic. does your higher level of proficiency give you the right to treat people like sh*t here? :-C

x2

This thread was classic before this year and now it's just childish. Bunch of freakin little girls. I rarely check in anymore. Too bad. Used to be one of the most valuable threads around here. :-C

isn't that the truth....

+1
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Maris09 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:34 am

AussieDodger wrote:
fbc_fan wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
x2

isn't that the truth....

+1

I can't believe people don't find it wise for someone to do a tiny tiny tiny bit of research before posting a question with a simple answer.

mobzz wrote:I definitely find the complaining and policing posts waaaaay worse than the the game commentary.

Me too....but wouldn't neither be great?
Last edited by Maris09 on Fri May 29, 2009 11:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Maris09 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:39 am

bigh0rt wrote:Want to point out preemptively that Jonathon Broxton is unavailable for the Dodgers tonight, who are up 2 - 1, after throwing 38 pitches yesterday. Troncoso pitched the 8th and looks to come back out for the 9th and the Save Op tonight.

I guess this is what it's come to.

So be it.

:-B
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AussieDodger » Fri May 29, 2009 12:58 am

Maris09 wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
fbc_fan wrote:
isn't that the truth....

+1

I can't believe people don't find it wise for people to do a tiny tiny tiny bit of research before posting a question with a simple answer.

If you don't like/aren't interested in someone's post there is this thing down the right hand side of your screen called the scroll bar.
The scroll bar moves the page up and down so that you can read what doesn't fit on your screen.
Some mouses even have a scroll wheel in them if the scroll bar is too difficult for you, and they are usually really cheap to buy.
You roll the scroll wheel up and down, using the same principals as the scroll bar to read what doesn't fit on your screen.
ATTENTION LONG-TIMERS! NEW FBC: http://fbc2.freeforums.net/
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 25)

Postby fezzik » Fri May 29, 2009 1:06 am

AussieDodger wrote:
fbc_fan wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:x2

isn't that the truth....

+1

x (6.022 x 10^23)
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Olly » Fri May 29, 2009 1:09 am

No, no, no. I didn't call him a "common-sense genius". I called him a "delicate genius" like in Seinfeld. (Get it Seinfeld fans, 'cuz his time is so valuable). I thought I should put something fun in my rant* .... y'know....because fantasy baseball is supposed to be FUN.

That's why we're all here, not to feel bad, or angry, or lazy, or dumb, but to take a little fantasy baseball break and have a little fun.

* And maris and the other poster, I apologize if it was a bit much, but in my defense I also went golfing for the first time this morning. And if someone talked down to me on the course I really think I'd be reluctant to go back. That's what's happening here. Even some responses have said it. This forum should make us want to participate more in our leagues and get more into the game because Fantasy baseball is really, really awesome. Do you think the French have an equivalent game? Hell no! My point: Someone getting into this game is more important than the second or two it takes to read a post you don't like.

That's it, I've said my piece. Geez, I feel like Mikey from the Goonies.

Now, let's work together and get that "rich stuff"!
Olly
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Maris09 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:13 am

I understand.
Let's get back to closer stuff.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers