2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Maris09 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:57 am

Slow Pitch wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
Crippler wrote:umm...he was being sarcastic. Painfully obvious.

No I know....I was referring to Slow Pitch posting the Rotoworld blurb.
Sorry, should have been more clear. I figured my stance throughout the topic clarified it.

Did I say it was gospel? Way to put words in my mouth. That is a typical tactic of a moron who is wrong & insecure about themselves. You truly define the word dolt.

It was simply another opinion in support of mine.

Your opinion was that of certainty, which is all that was being questioned by anyone.
As I said, lets just agree that BJ sucks at this point and see how it goes. I really have zero stake in which way it turns out.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Thu May 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Omfg. If I have to hear one more BJ Ryan/ Scott Downs slapfest, i'll upchuck-a all over my keyboard-a. Thats broken Pig Latin for give it a rest already.
urbanbreez
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Crippler » Thu May 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Zhangman1 wrote:
fitz0527 wrote:Zeigler with the save and Kerry Wood gets the save but walks 3 in 1 IP

Baliey pitched 2 innings last night. So is Zeigler the closer? or was Baliey just not available?

I still have no clue why anyone would tink Zeigler's not the closer. There's no reason to think he's been removed from the closer role...look at his game log. Every single time they've been within 3 runs, he has come in.

He never lose the closer job.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby auclairkeithbc » Thu May 21, 2009 1:21 pm

Crippler wrote:
Zhangman1 wrote:
fitz0527 wrote:Zeigler with the save and Kerry Wood gets the save but walks 3 in 1 IP

Baliey pitched 2 innings last night. So is Zeigler the closer? or was Baliey just not available?

I still have no clue why anyone would tink Zeigler's not the closer. There's no reason to think he's been removed from the closer role...look at his game log. Every single time they've been within 3 runs, he has come in.

I think some people suspect that the A's do not want Zeigler to be the closer, even if he has shown to be effective in that role. Every indication is that he is the closer, other than when he was sick. But there still is a question about whether that will be the situation a month from now.
i'm the guy that puts the "nip" in omnipotent...
auclairkeithbc
General Manager
General Manager

Postby rich101682 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:23 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
Crippler wrote:
Zhangman1 wrote:

I think some people suspect that the A's do not want Zeigler to be the closer, even if he has shown to be effective in that role. Every indication is that he is the closer, other than when he was sick. But there still is a question about whether that will be the situation a month from now.

There's that and the fact that he lost so much weight when he was sick that a lot of people thought it would take him time to round back into form.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby Maris09 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:48 pm

There's not a lot to go off of for the A's situation.
However since Devine and Zeigler were supposed to share the job somewhat, and since Bailey has been very good, there's got to be a pretty decent chance that at some point they will both be getting saves.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Crippler » Thu May 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Well at this point, post-flu, I dont see any reason to doubt that Ziegler is the closer for the A's. If he blows a few saves, thats another story. But he appears to have the situation on lockdown for the time being.
Crippler
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby silverZ » Thu May 21, 2009 5:33 pm

Juan Cruz gave up 4 ER in 1/3 an inning today. He hadn't pitched since 3/17 so they just wanted him to get some work in. !+)

Is Soria looking like he's going to be healthy soon?
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby LetsGoYankees » Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 pm

silverZ wrote:Juan Cruz gave up 4 ER in 1/3 an inning today. He hadn't pitched since 3/17 so they just wanted him to get some work in. !+)

Is Soria looking like he's going to be healthy soon?

I looked at his note page a few days ago, and it said he is feeling good and could return Saturday..and now I look and it says another two weeks.

"Soria (shoulder) threw on flat ground Wednesday, the Kansas City Star reports.
Spin:
This was his second day throwing, and he reported no problems after either session. It may be two weeks until he returns, as the team wants him to throw a bit in the minor leagues."
LetsGoYankees
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby fitz0527 » Thu May 21, 2009 7:40 pm

Neither Bailey or Zeigler pitching well today. Percy also got roughed up for the Rays. 8-o
fitz0527
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 9)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers