2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby rookies and cream » Wed May 06, 2009 10:30 am

Crippler wrote:
activechamp2006 wrote:
Whalewang wrote:Franklin Shaky? Maybe dominating, but not shaky. I assume you inadvertently forgot to change the icon for him when he took over?

He's going to be shaky as long as he has the job. A few terrible performances and he is likely to lose the position.

"A few terrible performances" doesnt look likely anytime soon. I guess the 0.00 ERA and perfect 7/7 save record this season have gone unnoticed.

Not unnoticed, but definitely unlikely to continue. While he's not a top 20 closer, I agree with y'all that he should not be shaky at this point.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 45)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Neboguy » Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am

Millhouse wrote:Grabow or Yates? Both seem pretty brutal, but . . .

Here's my take on the situation . . .

1. Last year Capps missed 2 months with "arm soreness".

2.Grabow picked up 4 saves last year . . .

Recommendation . . .

1. Pick up Grabow if you're desperate for saves and holding on to a "potential" closer such as Chris Perez or Manny Corpas

2. Pick up Grabow if you own Matt Capps.

3. Don't make a panic move and rush out to grab Grabow for somebody else who could help your team . . .
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

Please Leave Feedback!

Neboguy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Nails86 » Wed May 06, 2009 4:21 pm

Dont start this again. One person thought it would be Downs and one thought it wouldn't. BIG DEAL. Move on.
Nails86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CBMGreatOne » Wed May 06, 2009 7:26 pm

Nails86 wrote:Dont start this again. One person thought it would be Downs and one thought it wouldn't. BIG DEAL. Move on.

Lol, I know it wasn't me, but my point was that Downs >>>> Ryan. No reason to switch back.

I think most fantasy players worth their salt knew it would be Downs over Accardo going into this year
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby metsfan12 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:43 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:
Nails86 wrote:Dont start this again. One person thought it would be Downs and one thought it wouldn't. BIG DEAL. Move on.

Lol, I know it wasn't me, but my point was that Downs >>>> Ryan. No reason to switch back.

I think most fantasy players worth their salt knew it would be Downs over Accardo going into this year

Yes it was sooooooo obvious that Havok had Accardo 2nd in line as well. Hindsight is 20/20 even for Id*o*s though.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby metsfan12 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:46 pm

By the way, it takes a real POS after someone says ok I give up this argument, to keep bragging every freakin time someone brings up Downs. Could you find some sort of real accomplishment to hang your hat on dude?
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Niffoc4 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:49 pm

metsfan12 wrote:By the way, it takes a real POS after someone says ok I give up this argument, to keep bragging every freakin time someone brings up Downs. Could you find some sort of real accomplishment to hang your hat on dude?

If you can't take a small bit of razzing, maybe you shouldn't post on message boards
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Yoda » Wed May 06, 2009 7:53 pm

Someone needs a time out.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby metsfan12 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:57 pm

Niffoc4 wrote:
metsfan12 wrote:By the way, it takes a real POS after someone says ok I give up this argument, to keep bragging every freakin time someone brings up Downs. Could you find some sort of real accomplishment to hang your hat on dude?

If you can't take a small bit of razzing, maybe you shouldn't post on message boards

The dude makes a smart comment every time the word Downs, Down or Up is mentioned. I can take it but apparently I am not allowed to give anything back. And I'll say it one last time, I never said it wasn't Downs, just that his reasons for calling it Downs were weak (including incorrect stats). Like I said, get a life and maybe he will have something more important to be so proud about.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Wed May 06, 2009 8:19 pm

metsfan12 wrote:
Niffoc4 wrote:

The dude makes a smart comment every time the word Downs, Down or Up is mentioned. I can take it but apparently I am not allowed to give anything back. And I'll say it one last time, I never said it wasn't Downs, just that his reasons for calling it Downs were weak (including incorrect stats). Like I said, get a life and maybe he will have something more important to be so proud about.

Glad you've let this go. ;-D

--
So we're thinking it's Ray in Baltimore still?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 326)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers