2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Mariano was grimacing tonight during his Save, especially after he fielded the come backer, and his velocity again was down in the high 80s. I haven't been listening to NY Radio much the past day or so, but do we think this is something that's going to cause him to miss time or are we still speculating wildly at this point??


Who would be next in line? Joba?
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1371
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby mac-unit » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:21 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Mariano was grimacing tonight during his Save, especially after he fielded the come backer, and his velocity again was down in the high 80s. I haven't been listening to NY Radio much the past day or so, but do we think this is something that's going to cause him to miss time or are we still speculating wildly at this point??


Who would be next in line? Joba?

Not until Wang is back and shows he is good. My guess right now would be Marte. Bruney when he comes back. I'd want Melancon since I have him in a league that has holds and I wouldn't mind some cheap saves.
Image
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1059
(Past Year: 25)
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby nolanwood » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:27 pm

Tavarez gave up 5 runs, 4 earned - tie ballgame, top of the 9th when he came in.

- J. Tavarez relieved K. Wells
- A. Pujols grounded out to third
- C. Duncan walked
- R. Ankiel doubled to deep left, C. Duncan scored
- J. Thurston walked
- J. LaRue hit by pitch, R. Ankiel to third, J. Thurston to second
- T. Greene singled to shortstop, R. Ankiel scored, J. Thurston to third, J. LaRue to second, J. Thurston scored, J. LaRue to third on catcher J. Flores' fielding error
- J. Hanrahan relieved J. Tavarez
- B. Barden hit for C. Perez
- J. LaRue scored, T. Greene to second on balk
- T. Greene stole third
- B. Barden hit sacrifice fly to right, T. Greene scored
- S. Schumaker singled to shortstop
- R. Ludwick flied out to left
- End of Inning (5 Runs, 3 Hits, 1 Error)
nolanwood
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 464
Joined: 5 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby rookies and cream » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:30 pm

nolanwood wrote:Tavarez gave up 5 runs, 4 earned - tie ballgame, top of the 9th when he came in.

- J. Tavarez relieved K. Wells
- A. Pujols grounded out to third
- C. Duncan walked
- R. Ankiel doubled to deep left, C. Duncan scored
- J. Thurston walked
- J. LaRue hit by pitch, R. Ankiel to third, J. Thurston to second
- T. Greene singled to shortstop, R. Ankiel scored, J. Thurston to third, J. LaRue to second, J. Thurston scored, J. LaRue to third on catcher J. Flores' fielding error
- J. Hanrahan relieved J. Tavarez
- B. Barden hit for C. Perez
- J. LaRue scored, T. Greene to second on balk
- T. Greene stole third
- B. Barden hit sacrifice fly to right, T. Greene scored
- S. Schumaker singled to shortstop
- R. Ludwick flied out to left
- End of Inning (5 Runs, 3 Hits, 1 Error)


Does the game log count as game commentary? :-? :-D
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6487
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby j24jags » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
nolanwood wrote:Tavarez gave up 5 runs, 4 earned - tie ballgame, top of the 9th when he came in.

- J. Tavarez relieved K. Wells
- A. Pujols grounded out to third
- C. Duncan walked
- R. Ankiel doubled to deep left, C. Duncan scored
- J. Thurston walked
- J. LaRue hit by pitch, R. Ankiel to third, J. Thurston to second
- T. Greene singled to shortstop, R. Ankiel scored, J. Thurston to third, J. LaRue to second, J. Thurston scored, J. LaRue to third on catcher J. Flores' fielding error
- J. Hanrahan relieved J. Tavarez
- B. Barden hit for C. Perez
- J. LaRue scored, T. Greene to second on balk
- T. Greene stole third
- B. Barden hit sacrifice fly to right, T. Greene scored
- S. Schumaker singled to shortstop
- R. Ludwick flied out to left
- End of Inning (5 Runs, 3 Hits, 1 Error)


Does the game log count as game commentary? :-? :-D

That's quite an outing !+)
Image
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10340
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:38 pm

MotorCityKitties wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Mariano was grimacing tonight during his Save, especially after he fielded the come backer, and his velocity again was down in the high 80s. I haven't been listening to NY Radio much the past day or so, but do we think this is something that's going to cause him to miss time or are we still speculating wildly at this point??


Who would be next in line? Joba?

I don't see Joba as being an option at this point. Depending on severity (again, I'm purely speculating right now) I imagine we'd see a mix of Marte and Bruney; maybe Melancon. This isn't a situation the Yankees are accustomed to, so God knows.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24804
(Past Year: 375)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Trojan Pony » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 pm

So much for Tavarez... 8-o :-t
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Tri-State Area

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby jsphlly » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:18 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Maris09 wrote:
rich101682 wrote:You've put just as many posts up on this page not having anything to do with closers as anyone else. Calm down. Or leave the thread if you don't like it.

Oh man that's groundbreaking stuff right there....nobody's ever pointed that out before!!

Rrrrrrrright but if nobody ever said anything, then people would go on and on about swine flu, and how the timing on their add/drop was perfect, and wondering if so and so threw 2 days in a row and is that why they're not in the game tonight....

Do a little tiny bit of research, and this thread can be left to more useful things.
Figure it out.

Instead of your suggestion for people who don't enjoy usless clutter to leave, how about people follow the rules a little bit? Shocker, I know.
Man this thread used to be policed, what happened?

I would do anything for you to shut up.


Amen.
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 882
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby jsphlly » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:20 pm

mac-unit wrote:
MotorCityKitties wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Mariano was grimacing tonight during his Save, especially after he fielded the come backer, and his velocity again was down in the high 80s. I haven't been listening to NY Radio much the past day or so, but do we think this is something that's going to cause him to miss time or are we still speculating wildly at this point??


Who would be next in line? Joba?

Not until Wang is back and shows he is good. My guess right now would be Marte. Bruney when he comes back. I'd want Melancon since I have him in a league that has holds and I wouldn't mind some cheap saves.



Marte was decent for a hot minute last season with the Bucs. Haven't really liked what I've seen with the Yanks this season. Do we have anything more then "grimacing" at this point?
jsphlly
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 882
Joined: 28 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby RenPastana » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:29 pm

monkeys wrote:
jsphlly wrote:
mac-unit wrote:Not until Wang is back and shows he is good. My guess right now would be Marte. Bruney when he comes back. I'd want Melancon since I have him in a league that has holds and I wouldn't mind some cheap saves.



Marte was decent for a hot minute last season with the Bucs. Haven't really liked what I've seen with the Yanks this season. Do we have anything more then "grimacing" at this point?


Yup. "Rivera was just placed on the 15 day DL."

http://www.newrichmond-news.com/articles/?id=25341


Man, screw you! You got me though! !+)
RenPastana
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 606
Joined: 7 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact