2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Maris09 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:42 pm

rich101682 wrote:You've put just as many posts up on this page not having anything to do with closers as anyone else. Calm down. Or leave the thread if you don't like it.

Oh man that's groundbreaking stuff right there....nobody's ever pointed that out before!!

Rrrrrrrright but if nobody ever said anything, then people would go on and on about swine flu, and how the timing on their add/drop was perfect, and wondering if so and so threw 2 days in a row and is that why they're not in the game tonight....

Do a little tiny bit of research, and this thread can be left to more useful things.
Figure it out.

Instead of your suggestion for people who don't enjoy usless clutter to leave, how about instead people follow the rules a little bit? Shocker, I know.
Man this thread used to be policed, what happened?
Last edited by Maris09 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:49 pm

Maris09 wrote:
rich101682 wrote:You've put just as many posts up on this page not having anything to do with closers as anyone else. Calm down. Or leave the thread if you don't like it.

Oh man that's groundbreaking stuff right there....nobody's ever pointed that out before!!

Rrrrrrrright but if nobody ever said anything, then people would go on and on about swine flu, and how the timing on their add/drop was perfect, and wondering if so and so threw 2 days in a row and is that why they're not in the game tonight....

Do a little tiny bit of research, and this thread can be left to more useful things.
Figure it out.

Instead of your suggestion for people who don't enjoy usless clutter to leave, how about people follow the rules a little bit? Shocker, I know.

I would do anything for you to shut up.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby Maris09 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:50 pm

Oh bigh0rt, you're the best. Thanks for the contribution. O:-)

Like I'm the first person to ask for people not to post usless junk.
Whatever, I'm done adding to it. It'll never change anyway.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby monkeys » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:25 pm

Maris09 wrote:Oh bigh0rt, you're the best. Thanks for the contribution. O:-)

Like I'm the first person to ask for people not to post usless junk.
Whatever, I'm done adding to it. It'll never change anyway.

Just like that?!? You're gonna quit just like that. Do think Cal Ripken would just give up on the closers thread if he had a bad day? When the Sox were down 0-3 in the ALS to the Yanks did Kevin Millar say, "it'll never change anyway"? Heck no. He said Cowboy Up. When the haters post useless post after useless post after useless post and it gets you down- - you gotta get right back on that horse and commence whining.

Keep fighting the good fight, Maris09, right now the world needs a hero more than ever!
monkeys
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Magnus_CA » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:38 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Maris09 wrote:

Figure it out.

Instead of your suggestion for people who don't enjoy usless clutter to leave, how about people follow the rules a little bit? Shocker, I know.

I would do anything for you to shut up.

I don't care whether it's OT or not. BEST POST EVER! :-D
Magnus_CA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Maris09 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Ya I thought that was pretty funny too. It's a shame he doesn't use his clout to help though.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby ABA316 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:27 pm

As a Valverde owner who picked up Hawkins for insurance, can anyone speculate if he's worth hanging onto?

First, I heard Cecil Cooper state he would go closer by committee until Valverde returns.

Second, I need to drop somebody and have 5 DL eligible players with 1 DL spot (Kuroda occupying it).
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Slow Pitch » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 pm

Maris09 wrote:Last 5 posts are the epitome of how NOT to use the Closer thread.

Do you guys like sifting through usless garbage and/or just hearing yourselves talk?
Unbelievable.

Just shut up already....

I am so tired of you people trying to tell others how to use this thread. Who the heck made you some authority?

Your post is worthless. I bet we have 20 pages of people like you, make worthless post like yours.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 pm

Slow Pitch wrote:
Maris09 wrote:Last 5 posts are the epitome of how NOT to use the Closer thread.

Do you guys like sifting through usless garbage and/or just hearing yourselves talk?
Unbelievable.

Just shut up already....

I am so tired of you people trying to tell others how to use this thread. Who the heck made you some authority?

Your post is worthless. I bet we have 20 pages of people like you, make worthless post like yours.

i'm pretty sure there are more posts where people whine about pointless posts then there are posts that are pointless.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:10 pm

Mariano was grimacing tonight during his Save, especially after he fielded the come backer, and his velocity again was down in the high 80s. I haven't been listening to NY Radio much the past day or so, but do we think this is something that's going to cause him to miss time or are we still speculating wildly at this point??
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers