2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby Polar Bear » Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:40 pm

valverde took a shot off his leg and is limping right now although he is still pitching well. Might be able to vulture a couple saves with Hawkins is Valverde takes a few days off.
Polar Bear
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:07 am

For what it's worth, considering the comments about him earlier in the thread, Radhames Liz has been sent down to AAA after posting an amazing 67.50 ERA.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby verno » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:45 pm

Ryan Franklin FTW!!!! ;-D
verno
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Closer Thread Fail » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:40 pm

verno wrote:Ryan Franklin FTW!!!! ;-D
FAIL

Postby bigsky » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Polar Bear wrote:valverde took a shot off his leg and is limping right now although he is still pitching well. Might be able to vulture a couple saves with Hawkins is Valverde takes a few days off.

Hold onto Hawkins for a bit to see how this situation pans out. Yep, he got whacked with a shot, but "hurt his calf" (per Yahoo and me watching the game) in trying to make the play. That being said, the bad back is more worrisome to me. The guys a tooper (and I'm not a huge fan of his) and gets the job done for the most part, but a bad back's a bad back until you can string some quality appearances together. "Hawk" turns "vulture" over the next coupla weeks, I say. And I'm not apologizing for that horrible pun.
bigsky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby killertofu2222 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 pm

bigsky wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:valverde took a shot off his leg and is limping right now although he is still pitching well. Might be able to vulture a couple saves with Hawkins is Valverde takes a few days off.

Hold onto Hawkins for a bit to see how this situation pans out. Yep, he got whacked with a shot, but "hurt his calf" (per Yahoo and me watching the game) in trying to make the play. That being said, the bad back is more worrisome to me. The guys a tooper (and I'm not a huge fan of his) and gets the job done for the most part, but a bad back's a bad back until you can string some quality appearances together. "Hawk" turns "vulture" over the next coupla weeks, I say. And I'm not apologizing for that horrible pun.

not a pun. you don't have to.

"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby Closer Thread Fail » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:04 pm

killertofu2222 wrote:not a pun. you don't have to.

FAIL

Postby bigsky » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks once again for clogging jackasses. My assessment, FWIW, stands; don't drop Hawkins quite yet. See how this situation plays out over the next few opportunities, how Valverde pitches. I seriously doubt Hawkins holds, but there are people out there looking for every opportunity to pick up a few saves.

That being said, a pun, at it's base form is a play on words. For you two, there's a play on a bird motif there. While not a good one, I admit(ted), it's a pun, or at least and attempt to (and this is Webster here, smart guys) "juxtapose (big word, I know, but stay with me) connect, or bring out two or more possible applications of the word or words, usually in humorous way."

Definitely not a good one, but you missed the mark in that you took up space and time to comment on it. This is the "2009 CLOSERS THREAD" (thanks again, Havok) not "2009 I Got a C in English Thread." Please, you and your two s**t posts and the bong toting Phish-head save it for something useful. Better yet, just save it.
bigsky
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby monkeys » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:46 pm

Did he get hurt on the actual play? I was in the other room and they made it sound like he got another injury "dancing around like a fool" but I didn't see it. I'd be happy to hear it was just a knock/bruise, and he didn't roll his ankle or actual tweek anything being dumb. (tho, I admit I find it amusing as long as he doesn't hurt himself.)
monkeys
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Neato Torpedo » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:49 pm

Closer Thread Fail wrote:
killertofu2222 wrote:not a pun. you don't have to.

FAIL

I like this guy.

Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao

Play Brushback Baseball! (we need more people)
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers