2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby mkultra » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Willy T 4 MVP wrote:My post may have had some game commentary, but it was directly pertinent to whether or not Mock is actually the closer or the closer-in-waiting for the Nationals. This may technically belong in another thread, but you're really just splitting hairs here with your whining (most likely b/c you have a sad pathetic life with nothing better to do).

First of all, there's no need for attacking me personally. You want to comment on my content? Fine. But you don't know me, and you don't know my life, so those kind of remarks just make you look like a baby. :-t

Willy T 4 MVP wrote:Long story short: the readers of this thread learned 10x about the Nationals closing situation from my post than they did from yours. In the future, you'd be doing us all a big favor by keeping quiet unless you have something remotely useful to say about fantasy baseball. There are enough moderators on this board that we don't need your incredible watchdog skills.

You seem to be taking this awfully personally. I didn't call out your comment on the Nats.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Willy T 4 MVP » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:40 pm

mkultra wrote:First of all, there's no need for attacking me personally. You want to comment on my content? Fine. But you don't know me, and you don't know my life, so those kind of remarks just make you look like a baby. :-t

Dude that's wonderful I'd love to hear all about it someday - but you posted in the wrong thread. The proper thread for complaining about other posts is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=380051
Willy T 4 MVP
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:10 pm

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Joey Devine had surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow Tuesday and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Specific details of the surgery have yet to be provided, but it appears to be safe to cut Devine loose in AL-only leagues. With Devine definitively out of the picture for 2009, Brad Ziegler has a solid chance to remain Oakland's closer all season.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

Postby Fat Drunk and Stupid » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:12 pm

Beimel was placed on the 15-day DL Tuesday with a hip flexor strain, the Nationals web site reports.

Spin:
He hurt himself Monday night. Saul Rivera was called back up from Triple-A to take his place in the bullpen.

So does this put Mock as the primary backup if Hanrahan falters?
Fat Drunk and Stupid
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby metsfan12 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Havok1517 wrote:The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Joey Devine had surgery on the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow Tuesday and is expected to miss the remainder of the season.
Specific details of the surgery have yet to be provided, but it appears to be safe to cut Devine loose in AL-only leagues. With Devine definitively out of the picture for 2009, Brad Ziegler has a solid chance to remain Oakland's closer all season.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle

Thanks, I can take him off my watch list now. I wish Yahoo had a larger watch list.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby da bears » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Mock definitely seems to be Hanrahan's back up now. Someone made a good point back there that went unanswered about would Mock have stayed out there for the 9th. I guess this will have to be something monitored, even though the way Mock threw in the minors it is hard to get too excited about him.

Seems BJ Ryan has been alright lately, anyone know how hard he is throwing now? Back up to 89 mph range?
da bears
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:15 pm

Fat Drunk and Stupid wrote:So does this put Mock as the primary backup if Hanrahan falters?

Yes it does.
For Mock to pass Hanrahan, I think he'll have to pitch for a few weeks to get his manager's confidence up. I don't think 5 or 6 innings will be enough to warrant a change.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 16)

Postby jorwoods » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 pm

Mike Gonzalez pitched in the 8th with the Braves down a run....hmmm.....
^^thanks to Snakes Gould!
jorwoods
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 pm

jorwoods wrote:Mike Gonzalez pitched in the 8th with the Braves down a run....hmmm.....

He hasn't pitched since the 17th. There's no hmmm here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Hanrahan did not look good tonight even though he got the save. He had 2 runners in scoring position with no outs. He should have blown the save.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 119)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers