2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby metsfan12 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:52 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:
Syfo-Dyas wrote:Papelbon is in trouble!
Whos next in line?? :-o
WHIR!!


LOL :-b I'd grab Saito ASAP :-D


Joke aside, Paps got a 4 out save and threw something like 40 pitches while struggling with command. I don't think he will be available tomorrow so you just might want to pick up Saito for a possible opp tomorrow.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 436
Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby metsfan12 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:00 pm

Ziegler sucks and now his horrible pitching hurt Casilla's numbers as well.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 436
Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby dragoon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:19 pm

StarsNPinstripes wrote:Trevor Hoffman Update:
From Rotoworld:
Apr. 11 - 7:23 pm et
Trevor Hoffman (oblique) played catch from 120 feet Saturday without incident.

Hoffman is expected to get on a mound Wednesday for a bullpen session. He'll throw a couple of those, a simulated game or two, then comes the rehab assignment. "He's definitely going to pitch somewhere, there's no doubt about that," manager Ken Macha said. "There will be a rehab assignment, yeah."

Any idea when he should be expected to pitch in the majors?
dragoon
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 270
Joined: 13 Dec 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby DaShiz23 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:27 pm

metsfan12 wrote:Ziegler sucks and now his horrible pitching hurt Casilla's numbers as well.

So, who is the man in Oaktown now?
Image
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3412
(Past Year: 67)
Joined: 3 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Don't call it a comeback.

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby racrzeke » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:53 pm

How exactly is Ziegler terrible so far?
racrzeke
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 116
Joined: 11 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:53 pm

metsfan12 wrote:Ziegler sucks and now his horrible pitching hurt Casilla's numbers as well.


yes ziegler is not very good, but it's not like casilla didn't hurt himself by getting into a bases loaded, no out jam.
Image
25
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 14140
(Past Year: 429)
Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BUSTER HATH ARRIVED

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby StarsNPinstripes » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:54 pm

dragoon wrote:
StarsNPinstripes wrote:Trevor Hoffman Update:
From Rotoworld:
Apr. 11 - 7:23 pm et
Trevor Hoffman (oblique) played catch from 120 feet Saturday without incident.

Hoffman is expected to get on a mound Wednesday for a bullpen session. He'll throw a couple of those, a simulated game or two, then comes the rehab assignment. "He's definitely going to pitch somewhere, there's no doubt about that," manager Ken Macha said. "There will be a rehab assignment, yeah."

Any idea when he should be expected to pitch in the majors?


Some speculation of early May(believe I read on rotoworld) but I think it all depends on how well he does Wednesday.
Image
StarsNPinstripes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1681
Joined: 9 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby metsfan12 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:21 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
metsfan12 wrote:Ziegler sucks and now his horrible pitching hurt Casilla's numbers as well.


yes ziegler is not very good, but it's not like casilla didn't hurt himself by getting into a bases loaded, no out jam.


Well, one of those runners was by error. And as to what has Ziegler done to suck, he has given up a run in 2 of 3 appearances already on top of letting all 3 of those inherited runners in. Casilla has been used for an inning plus in each of his 2 appearances and in each he had a 1-2-3 first IP. I certainly don't think a change is in order yet but that is the basis of my "Ziegler sucks" comment. I like Casilla to close eventually but a couple more bad outings by Ziegler would have to happen first and he hasn't blown a save yet so that is something good on his side.
metsfan12
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 436
Joined: 16 Jun 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby mweir145 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:51 pm

Cabby wrote:From CBS:

Jason Frasor, RP TOR
News: Blue Jays closer B.J. Ryan made things interesting Saturday in the ninth by allowing a hit and three walks to give the Indians life. Ryan allowed three earned runs in a non-save chance He was pulled in favor of Jason Frasor, who got the final out of the win and got his first save of the season.
Analysis: Ryan blew a save in his only other opportunity this season, but he managed to get a win in that game. He has allowed four earned runs in two appearances and is off to a slow start, but he is in no immediate danger of losing his job. Fantasy owners should continue to view him as a starting closer in AL-only play and mixed leagues that require two closers. As for Frasor, it is clear to see that he would be first in line for saves if something happens to Ryan.

Wow...how do those guys get paid to give advice?

Before today, Frasor was the lowest reliever on the depth chart, and I really doubt he'll move in front of guys like Downs, League, Carlson, or Tallet any time soon.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (No Game Commentary Please)

Postby MotorCityKitties » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:55 pm

mweir145 wrote:
Cabby wrote:From CBS:

Jason Frasor, RP TOR
News: Blue Jays closer B.J. Ryan made things interesting Saturday in the ninth by allowing a hit and three walks to give the Indians life. Ryan allowed three earned runs in a non-save chance He was pulled in favor of Jason Frasor, who got the final out of the win and got his first save of the season.
Analysis: Ryan blew a save in his only other opportunity this season, but he managed to get a win in that game. He has allowed four earned runs in two appearances and is off to a slow start, but he is in no immediate danger of losing his job. Fantasy owners should continue to view him as a starting closer in AL-only play and mixed leagues that require two closers. As for Frasor, it is clear to see that he would be first in line for saves if something happens to Ryan.

Wow...how do those guys get paid to give advice?

Before today, Frasor was the lowest reliever on the depth chart, and I really doubt he'll move in front of guys like Downs, League, Carlson, or Tallet any time soon.


That is unbelievable. They don't even say that he may be in the mix for saves, they say it's CLEAR that he's first in line.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1371
Joined: 7 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheTrith and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Oct. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Pittsburgh
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact