Looking for balanced categories, 7x7 or higher - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Looking for balanced categories, 7x7 or higher

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Looking for balanced categories, 7x7 or higher

Postby Trojan Pony » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:50 pm

Doubles?
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby walkoffblast » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:25 am

rounders2080 wrote:I'm the commissioner of a league and we've had the same 7x7 categories since 2003. It's worked well, except we have one guy in the league that makes about 200 transactions per season and has won our Yahoo H2H league (14 managers minimum) the past 3 seasons. He churns thru SPs on a daily basis and somehow has time to do this regularly. He doesn't draft any good SPs.. he loads up on offense and top closers.

Current 7x7 categories:
Offense - R, HR, RBI, SB, K (least), AVG, and OPS
Pitching - W, SV, K, HR (least), ERA, HLDS, and WHIP

Because of this one manager... the other managers in the league are getting upset and I'm now having guys drop out of the league b/c this guy basically has "beaten the system". Since the league does NOT want to add in any type of transactions fees, we're going to go to an 8x8 league... in the hope that things even out more.
One stat that I'm definitely going to add for Pitching is "Losses". Hopefully, this will prevent managers from churning thru dozens of average/below average SP's.

My problem is that I now need to add in a new offensive category, but I dont' know which one. We're considering Total Bases, Errors, Caught Stealing, and whatever else might work well. I dont' want to add a category like Hits, which is kind of already spoken for in AVG. Does anyone have any good suggestions ? I've already had a few guys shut down the idea of Errors.. which I understand.

My guess is that guy is actually better than most of the people in your league and the number of transactions is a scapegoat. Maybe you need to bump your min innings up some or make your pitching rosters deeper. Bottom line is your categories are not all that streamer friendly already so that cannot be the main reason the guy is having success.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:54 am

Why not remove OPS as a category, and then have AVG, OBP, and SLG as three separate categories?
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner