great luck in draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

great luck in draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Swinger » Sun Mar 07, 2004 10:34 pm

Dude86 wrote:If he knew for sure that each and every person was going by the yahoo rankings then there were much better ways to take advantage of them rather than taking Sosa in the first round.

Please digress as to these better ways to take advantage of it (he took Sosa in the 3rd, not the 1st.. that ruins half your credibility anyway). If I knew they were going by the rankings, I might have followed a similar strategy (perhaps not exactly Sosa, though).
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Steve Kemp » Sun Mar 07, 2004 11:33 pm

this entire post makes no sense. i'm sorry, but i must delete it from my memory...good luck
Alan Trammell should be in the Hall
Steve Kemp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:46 am

Dude86 wrote:The only thing that sticks out to me is that you took Sosa when Vlad was still on the board.

I was thinking the same exact thing.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

just horrible...

Postby astimeexpires.com » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:03 pm

this is the dumbest thing since espn took two minute drill off the air. the fact that vlad went in the fourth round, regardless of who was taken before him, relinquishes all validity to the guy who started this post, the people in his league, and the fact that any of them can actually consider themselves a decent fantasy baseball player...

this post makes the trail blazers taking sam bowie over michael jordan look like a good pick.

-"your two minute drill...begins......now"
http://www.astimeexpires.com
"Making Sports Humor a Possibility"
astimeexpires.com
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:56 pm

Sounds like a fun league. Why bother playing at all, just rough up the 6 year olds at the local elementary school.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Brendo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:Sounds like a fun league. Why bother playing at all, just rough up the 6 year olds at the local elementary school.

honestly, this league is like picking a fight with a midget

if you win, what the hell, you beat up a midget....and if you lose, holy lord you must be retarded

I'm assuming it's just a free league with people you've never met before, becuase if it's a league with friends, I feel bad for you

They can't be much for conversation.
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby astimeexpires.com » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:00 pm

did someone get ARod in the third round?
astimeexpires.com
College Coach
College Coach

Re: just horrible...

Postby Lofunzo » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:15 pm

astimeexpires.com wrote:this post makes the trail blazers taking sam bowie over michael jordan look like a good pick.

But Portland already had Drexler. Nobody knew the level of greatness that Jordan would attain.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:25 pm

and remember ollijuwan was taken before jordan too,

but as for lucky, in a few of my drafts i had a lot of fun with the yahoo rankings because they cause people to forget about who they wanted to draft. example, hank blalock 11th round, Jose Contreras 15th round, Robb Nenn 19th round, Jose Reyes 12th Round, Kaz matsui, 17th round. Rich Harden 20th Round. 21 round (i had the choice of: Joe Mauer, Pat Burrell, etc.

As you can see their are some fun ways to take advantage of yahoo's ranking system, even if the opponents are good.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

also...

Postby astimeexpires.com » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:31 pm

the thing is, hakeem wasn't a bad pick even if he was before jordan. he's still going to be a hall of famer. the point isn't that portland had drexler, it's the fact that they took sam bowie over jordan and bowie sucked so bad....sam bowie had as many knee surgery's as hakeem/jordan had nba titles. bowie was just awful. no number 2 pick in the draft should be as bad as him (ok, well maybe ryan leaf)....also, bowie was taken ahead of charles barkley and karl malone. they were both in that draft too...

regardless, the draft that this guy was in was very very very very very very very bad...the skills of these owners were about as good as rob deer was at not striking out or they were as good as jose lind was at hitting home runs....
astimeexpires.com
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers