Resident Evil 5

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Resident Evil 5

Postby AquaMan2342 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Yoda wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Yoda wrote:85th on the Goozex queue. I'm getting Bioshock next week. ;-D

Have you already played it for 360?

I have PS3 and Wii. I played the demo and it is amazing.

I was going to say.....I am not a huge non-sports video gamer, and Bioshock is probably the first game I actually sat down and beat in like five years. You should be pumped, it's an awesome game and my bro told me that there are more add-ons and stuff for the PS3 version.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:25 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:
Have you already played it for 360?

I have PS3 and Wii. I played the demo and it is amazing.

I was going to say.....I am not a huge non-sports video gamer, and Bioshock is probably the first game I actually sat down and beat in like five years. You should be pumped, it's an awesome game and my bro told me that there are more add-ons and stuff for the PS3 version.

it's good, but it's not near as awesome as either RE4 or RE5
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 452)

Postby Yoda » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:09 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:

RE4 was great but I think it was overrated.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:14 pm

Yoda wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

blasphemy! RE4 is easily one of the best games ever made. absolutely everything about it is awesome, you'd be hardpressed to find one thing bad about it.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:38 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
Yoda wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

blasphemy! RE4 is easily one of the best games ever made. absolutely everything about it is awesome, you'd be hardpressed to find one thing bad about it.

Not sure about that. It was a good game to play through once but there are definite flaws. The major issue I have with the RE series is the way they make you ration ammo. It is ridiculous and stupid. In RE4, I conserved my ammo the entire game only to come up short near the end. It was so frustrating that I stopped playing and couldn't finish the game. I can understand and appreciate the challenges that finite ammo creates but the series takes it to a ridiculous level.

I had a similar problem with Umbrella Chronicles when I saved up all my ammo only to come up short at the end. It forced me to go back to a save spot in the middle of the game and redo everything. Barely beat it but it sucks all the fun out when you are so close to winning and then you run out of ammo.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:55 pm

Yoda wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
Yoda wrote:

Not sure about that. It was a good game to play through once but there are definite flaws. The major issue I have with the RE series is the way they make you ration ammo. It is ridiculous and stupid. In RE4, I conserved my ammo the entire game only to come up short near the end. It was so frustrating that I stopped playing and couldn't finish the game. I can understand and appreciate the challenges that finite ammo creates but the series takes it to a ridiculous level.

I had a similar problem with Umbrella Chronicles when I saved up all my ammo only to come up short at the end. It forced me to go back to a save spot in the middle of the game and redo everything. Barely beat it but it sucks all the fun out when you are so close to winning and then you run out of ammo.

wait you're kidding right. i haven't played the first 3 resident evils because of that bs ammo stuff. but RE4 is a completely different game then the first three. they give you an absolute TON of ammo in the RE4. i've played through the game probably like 10 times and i always have a case FULL with ammo, health, grenades, etc throughout the entire game and even after the final boss. i usually end up not being able to pick up ammo a lot of the time because it just won't fit in the case. saying RE4 makes you ration ammo is just 100% incorrect. i seriously don't understand how you could possibly run out unless you were just really, really, really bad at the game. (no offense if you are O:-) )

edit: are you sure you aren't thinking of a different resident evil? i really can't fathom how you would run out of ammo in that game, practically every enemy drops some and they give you a ton before and during every boss fight.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm not a pro but I can finish 99% of games that I start and usually do. I played it on PS2 so maybe it's different? I may have played it on hard also. Sometimes I do that when I know I won't play a game through twice.

In any case, as I said, I had trouble with ammo in Umbrella Chronicles as well.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:30 pm

I never had trouble on RE4 with ammo on whatever they call the normal mode. I too couldn't even pick up all the ammo I found and I just needed 3 or 4 rockets to kill that final boss.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:11 pm

I am not lying to you guys. I was very cautious with my ammo.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:39 pm

Yoda wrote:I am not lying to you guys. I was very cautious with my ammo.

it seriously blows my mind that you would ever run out of ammo in that game, i was never cautious with it and i never had any problems with running out even on professional mode.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games