Adrian Gonzalez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Adrian Gonzalez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby 4Pack » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:48 pm

I have done 3 drafts to this point....and in each of them...I have Adrian as my lst baseman. I have gotten him with the 45th, 46th, and 50th picks. Funny thing is....I went into each of those drafts without planning to draft Adrian. But lst Basemen have been flying off the board so fast...it came to the point that I dare not wait another round to take him and risk being "stuck" with Atkins, Davis or Huff.
4Pack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 828
Joined: 14 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby YerInUrine » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:23 am

Got him in my random Yahoo Public League with the 64th pick.
YerInUrine
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 370
Joined: 24 Oct 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Yawkey Way

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby kweiss » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Why is everyone so sure of an Adrian Gonzalez regression?

He's a former 1st overall pick who is just turning 27, and aren't they moving Petco's fences in this year?
kweiss
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 182
Joined: 30 Mar 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby Pedros Little Friend » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 am

kweiss wrote:Why is everyone so sure of an Adrian Gonzalez regression?

He's a former 1st overall pick who is just turning 27, and aren't they moving Petco's fences in this year?


huge hr/fb rate spike last year (from 13.5% to 20.7%), his average versus lefties has been falling each of the last 3 years, along with his contract rate, and his fb% tanked in the second half last year, all the way down to 31%.

i don't think we'll see huge regression, and he certainly could get better, but I won't be paying for last year's stats.

also, i read one article about petco's fences being moved in, but it was on some random blog and the writer's informant was someone who happened to see various chalk lines in right field back in october while he was touring the stadium or something. is this really happening? have any major sources even reported the possibility?
Pedros Little Friend
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1064
Joined: 12 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:39 pm

I'd prefer to wait on him if possible, but overall .285 and 32HR sounds good this season.
OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6184
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The offseason.

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby brotherbird » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:11 am

My point on Jacobs is you can get him in about the 18th round or later depending on size of league. If he gets 550 at bats, he'll get his 30 HR's. I think he had less than 500 AB last year. Gonzales is at that magic age, but he doesn't have alot of protection. People do think he has potential of Pujols. Late 4th or 5th round is solid.
brotherbird
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 84
Joined: 8 Feb 2009
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:12 pm

brotherbird wrote:My point on Jacobs is you can get him in about the late 4th or 5th round depending on size of league. If he gets 550 at bats, he'll get his 30 HR's. I think he had less than 500 AB last year.


Mike Jacobs has no protection, has to adjust to a new league, and Kauffman was worse for power than Dolphins Stadium. Other than that, Jacobs needs no protection, no adjustments, and it doesn't matter what ballpark he hits in.

I also agree Jacobs is worth the late 4th and 5th round pick. :-D
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21885
(Past Year: 623)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby rookies and cream » Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:46 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:
brotherbird wrote:My point on Jacobs is you can get him in about the late 4th or 5th round depending on size of league. If he gets 550 at bats, he'll get his 30 HR's. I think he had less than 500 AB last year.


Mike Jacobs has no protection, has to adjust to a new league, and Kauffman was worse for power than Dolphins Stadium. Other than that, Jacobs needs no protection, no adjustments, and it doesn't matter what ballpark he hits in.

I also agree Jacobs is worth the late 4th and 5th round pick. :-D


troublemaker
Image
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 6487
(Past Year: 43)
Joined: 4 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby activechamp2006 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 am

Is this a joke? Gonzo overrated?
The guy hit 30 100 100 the past two seasons and his getting better every year.
Image
activechamp2006
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2388
Joined: 5 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Adrian Gonzalez

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:43 pm

rookies and cream wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:
brotherbird wrote:My point on Jacobs is you can get him in about the late 4th or 5th round depending on size of league. If he gets 550 at bats, he'll get his 30 HR's. I think he had less than 500 AB last year.


Mike Jacobs has no protection, has to adjust to a new league, and Kauffman was worse for power than Dolphins Stadium. Other than that, Jacobs needs no protection, no adjustments, and it doesn't matter what ballpark he hits in.

I also agree Jacobs is worth the late 4th and 5th round pick. :-D


troublemaker


I think I misquoted the poor guy, in hindsight. Sorry about that:

brotherbird wrote:My point on Jacobs is you can get him in about the late 4th or 5th round depending on size of league. If he gets 550 at bats, he'll get his 30 HR's. I think he had less than 500 AB last year. People do think he has potential of Pujols. Late 4th or 5th round is solid.


Fixed :-D
Image
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

User avatar
CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 21885
(Past Year: 623)
Joined: 3 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Not nineteen forever

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Jul. 29
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
Milwaukee at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Philadelphia at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Arizona at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Toronto at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
NY Yankees at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Oakland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(10:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact